No iPlayer app

Hi

I just received this box and theiPlayer app is missing. I knew Netflix had been removed but not the BBC. I emailed WD a week ago and no reply yet.

Can someone else in the UK, physically or otherwise, confirm that they have the iPlayer app as Amazon may have sent me a Euro model nby mistake.

Regards

Maxx

entredeux wrote:

Can someone else in the UK, physically or otherwise, confirm that they have the iPlayer app as Amazon may have sent me a Euro model nby mistake.

There are no app differences in the models.   The app availability is determined by IP Geolocation, not by hardware.

Just to clarify things, my device is model number WDBPUF0000NBK-EESN FW version 1.00.42 and is called WD TV. There is no iPlayer app on the device, the FW is up to date and I’m in the UK. Does anyone else have this model? Need to decide whether to keep it before the Amazon returns window closes.

Thanks in advance.

Maxx

I already have the WD TV a year already.

iPlayer stopped working a week already. When i run the app I got the message ‘’ iPlayer does not support your device’’

That **bleep**!

entredeux wrote:

Hi

I just received this box and theiPlayer app is missing. I knew Netflix had been removed but not the BBC. I emailed WD a week ago and no reply yet.

Regards

Maxx

Well, I finally got the iPlayer app loaded. I did this by randomly stumbling across a more recent firmware that the WD TV did not detect. You need version 1.01.26. A week later WD got back to me:

"Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. [deleted].

Our apologies for the late response.

I am sorry to read that you have an issue with the media player. Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

I recommend to install the latest firmware update.
http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_g2

This firmware support as well the BBC iPlayer."

The link doesn’t work where I am but maybe it will for someone else.

I can’t say I’m very impressed with this thing so far. The iPlayer app actually works very well, but using Tunein and browsing for music on a local disc often make it freeze up, requiring a restart. Locating files elsewhere on my network is far too traumatic for the WD TV and I’ve given up in the hope that a future FW will fix things.

I also had to re-register for this forum in order to reply as my username was no longer recognized. Its not easy being a WD customer.