WD TV Play and BBC iPayer doesn't work since today Monday 28th July 2014

Anybody has this problem in the UK? Thanks.

Same  problem here too, in uk.

Can anybody from WD confirm that BBC iplayer is not working anymore with the device or is just a temporary problem?

Thank you.

Just gone to use this tonight and not working - please can someone from WD confirm what is going on?

Still not working.  Please, could someone from WDTV tell us what is going on?  If this is permanently disabled I will need to find another player to replace.

Iplayer has stopped working for me as well, no response from customer support, no new firmware in over a year… not impressed.

Is this after you updated with the new firmware?

ad441 wrote:

Iplayer has stopped working for me as well, no response from customer support, no new firmware in over a year… not impressed.

We just released a new update yesterday.

Sorry, wrong board.  This device is EOL (end of life).

End of life? I only purchased the device 8 months ago. Are you telling me that no new software will be released? If so, I will be contacting the retailer I purchased it from as the device no longer carries out the function it was purchased for. 

bar11387 wrote:

End of life? I only purchased the device 8 months ago. Are you telling me that no new software will be released? If so, I will be contacting the retailer I purchased it from as the device no longer carries out the function it was purchased for. 

Sorry, but that is why the board is in the WD Legacy Products category.  If you have the purchase receipt, from 8 months ago and from a legitimate vendor, we will still honor our warranty on the device.   (Define legitimate as a brick and mortar store or online vendor - not an individual.)

1 Like

I have contacted Amazon who are collecting and refunding me for the unit. It’s a shame as it worked perfectly for our requirements up to the end of July. 

So I purchased mine approx 15 months ago from PIxmania.  Will I be able to return it?  It’s useless without iplayer.

I got mine from amazon and they have refunded me. Yes without Bbc iPlayer is not good for me.

I purchased mine on 4 Dec 2013 direct from Western Digital Europe (WDStore).  I have searched their website but cannot find an email address.  How do I go about obtaining a refund etc from them? 

This is pathetic.

It’s one thing to decide to stop making a product, and not to release any new features for it. But to allow a relatively recent product to lose one of its key features just shows a complete lack of duty to WD’s customers!

I did lots of research to find a product that would fill my requirements, and was happy with my choice.

Now I’ll have to replace it with something else fit for purpose, and it most certainly WILL NOT be anything made by WD!

I sincerely hope I’m not the only potential future customer they’ll be losing due to their disdainful attitude.

I will, of course, take back every word above if they decide to reconsider and release an update that will restore iPlayer…

1 Like

This is not the first time BBC iPlayer has been droped from a Western Digital product my WD TV Play droped its player over a year ago so i bought the WD TV live thinking tha it was a good move but i am now disgusted with WDs sales service to uk customers so i will convert to a Raspberry Pi to do all my media TV . So its E O L to any western digital equipment in my house

2 Likes

This is ridiculous! I bought this box direct from WD only back in Feb - used it happily since, up until now that I find that iPlayer no longer works. This is the ONE reason I bought this box. Literally the only thing I use it for. And so now it’s useles.

WD’s UK phone system doesn’t work, is rejecting calls and they don’t give an email address out to contact unless you’ve already registered the device…

Poor show WD, poor show.

2 Likes

I’ve been contacted by customer support since my post, consisting of advice like “try resetting it” and “send us the serial number”.

Completely missing the point that it’s nothing to do with my actual unit!

1 Like