Netflix, iPlayer missing from services menu

Just bought WD TV Live streaming and have updated it to 1.09.10 latest firmware. I cannot see Netflix or iPlayer under the services menu. Is WD blocking access to these services based on my IP address. It s 84.246.203.170. I have a subscription to Netflix that works perfectly on my PS 3 and my iPad. I also own a full UK TV License so have access to the BBC iPlayer on all my devices. Why can’t I access these services on the WD TV Live? I rolled back my firmware to 1.06 and Netflix and iPlayer work fine but they both disappear when I update to the latest firmware. I don’t want to keep the WD TV at the old version as there are some bugs that have been fixed in the later versions. Please help me to get Netflix an iPlayer working under the latest version. I’ve tried resetting to factory defaults to no effect. Let me reiterate, I have full, legal access to both Netflix and BBC iPlayer on all my devices except for the WD TV Live streaming media player.

Did you do a FULL factory reset?  Your IP space is registered to Isle of Man, UK, so I doubt that’s the reason.

Yes, I’ve done more than one rollbacks and factory resets to no avail. Been in touch with tech support this afternoon and they are flummoxed too. Just discovered that both Netflix and iPlayer show up in 1.06.04 so am going to try 1.07.15 next.

As I said above Netflix and iPlayer work ok on 1.06.04 but disappeared again when I updated to 1.07.15. Lots of buggy bits in 1.06.04 so not really happy about staying there.

if you have rolled back and have the app’s you want, try saving them as fav’s.

update your firmware and instead of going into the services tab, hit the blue button to bring up your fav’s and they should be there.

hth.

1 Like

Are you using the Built-in Mochi theme, or a custom theme?  If using a Custom theme, see if it’s there via Mochi theme.

Adding to favorites at 1.06 before updating worked a treat, thanks very much for that.

no worries, glad to be of help :slight_smile:

Guys, I have the same problem with missing netflix. However in my case roll-back doesn’t work. Also, the lattest FW version I get is 1.06.15_V.  My box is WD TV LIVE. Is it different from what you have? Any ideas how I can restore netflix

thank you

mmm11 wrote:

Guys, I have the same problem with missing netflix. However in my case roll-back doesn’t work. Also, the lattest FW version I get is 1.06.15_V.  My box is WD TV LIVE. Is it different from what you have? Any ideas how I can restore netflix

thank you 

Your box is the 2009 version of the WDTV.  It doesn’t support Netflix at all.   The first WDTV that supports NetFlix is the WDTV Live Plus, which was introduced in 2010.

Thank you a lot for your reply. That’s actually pretty odd since I did used to have NETFLIX on my machine origionaly. Is it not possible just to install it?

mmm11 wrote:

Thank you a lot for your reply. That’s actually pretty odd since I did used to have NETFLIX on my machine origionaly. Is it not possible just to install it?

If you have 1.06.15_V firmware then you have the old WD Live which never had Netflix so there is no way to re-install it. Check your firmware and WD model number.

It’s WDBAAN0000NBK

I’ll double check FW once I get back to home. I might be wrong with a number

mmm11 wrote:

It’s WDBAAN0000NBK

I’ll double check FW once I get back to home. I might be wrong with a number

That model number never had NetFlix.

hum, is it possible to install it?

mmm11 wrote:

hum, is it possible to install it?

No.

I bought a new WDTV Live Hub a year ago and a WDTV Live Streaming six weeks ago, both have iPlayer app. I bought another Streaming player this week but it doesn’t have BBC iPlayer (nor ACE Trax Movies, Hauppage, and a couple others). I have updated to latest firmware, reset to factory defaults, and set location to UK, all as suggested by WD support, none of which has solved the problem.

I have taken your suggestion to rollback to 1.06.04 and iPlayer appears, but looks like there is no feature for saving as Favourites as in recent firmware releases.

I’ve had many WDTV players over the years including the 1st gen, stupidly buggy and abandoned 2nd Gen, two 3rd Gens, and now two streamers, as well a couple of Elements 2TB, drives, an old 320GB Passport, newer 500GB USB 3 Passport, and a 1TGB My Book. All registered with WD. Despite all that, their efforts at “support” have been to advise me to try things that I have already told them that I have tried and failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Firmware/i-dont-have-acetrax-movies-or-iplayer-on-latest-firmware-1-12-14/td-p/530247

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/No-IPLAYER-on-UK-WDTV-Live-Streaming/td-p/530126

WD have sorted out the problem. If you go to setup / system / set time & country / reset location and select yes, you should find all the UK services back. If you have any problems do a reset to factory defaults and report back here.

If i reset to factory defaults what will i actually lose?

I also don’t have Netflix on my WDTV live Hub. Device INFO  3.08.14

Thanks