No dashboard

I bought a WD MBLD last week and could configure the shares, users etc. but now Í can’t access the Dashboard anymore.

Via WD Quick View I can access the "Learning Centre’’ but not the dashboard. I also tried it via WD Link but no luck.

I’ve tried most of the option in the various messages. Emailed WD and they came back with cache clearing but still no Dashboard.

I can move files fine to my MBLD.

ps. I didn’t turn SSH on yet:-( was going to be my next action.

To connect to the dashboard //mybooklive.UI

or just go to the drive on Net Places > Right click > Invoke

Thanks Wizer but //mybooklive.UI gives “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”

and the second option, I don’t know where to give that.

Please another hint?

I’m having the same problem. At first I could get the logon page, but it wouldn’t accept my password. I restarted through ssh and now I get the Internal Server Error. This seems to be affecting other people as well.

Zebra wrote:

Thanks Wizer but //mybooklive.UI gives “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”

and the second option, I don’t know where to give that.

Please another hint?

Is EE your default browser?

Try a different browser …

You can access the drive on network places… click on computer then network places

you will see the drive there,  you can right click > invoke to go the UI

Thanks. Tried that, but being an internal server error, it didn’t help. Other ideas?

You’ll need to get your unit replaced, since you can’t access the dashboard.

There should be a resolution for the issue in our next firmware update, however since you cannot access your dashboard, you will be unable to install the next update.

When will the firmware update be released? I can install it through SSL.

Asking again, Laura. Can you tell me when the new firmware will be released? (Otherwise I’ll just get a new unit with the same broken firmware, right?)

I was able to install the update via WD Quick View and can now login via dashboard. It solved my problem.

Updating through SSH fixed this for me.

Zebra wrote:
I was able to install the update via WD Quick View and can now login via dashboard. It solved my problem.

Hi Zebra,

Can you please share with us the steps of updating via WD Quick View. 

I’m also having this issue.

The firmware installed is the latest version. Sometimes I’d have to reboot the machine a few times through SSH in order to get the dashboard to work (which has stopped working).

Any other options? If I have to send it back, I’m getting a refund. I spent way too much time placing all of my files on here just to have to do it again.

Sorry for double post, but I seemed to have fixed this by reinstalling my firmware, for those of you that are fortunate enough to have SSH enabled.

I have just purchased a 2TB unit today, its to retain important information on and I expected more from WD.  As soon as I have connected up it said to update firmware.  I allowed it to update firmare and no I can no longer access the Dashboard.

So updating the firmware is a problem, 100% failiure rate so far and not good enough, the technote referancing DNS is a joke and advising people to simply return it is appaling.

your commet is from 2010, nearly 2013 now and you still have not fixed the problem.

I will be returning mine and getting a refund as its very very poor - ZERO confidence in your ability to provide a quality product now and ZERO confidence in your ability to provide support.