Internet connected.
firmware updated.
current FW 1.04.05

are now available, without my actions

mystic?

I had prayed to your EX2…that’s why.

1 Like

My reverence for your prayers.

As far as i can see it is possible to manually install an app… how?

I’m also facing the same issue after updating the firmware to 1.05.30. Has anyone figured out a way to get this fixed?

I purchased ex2 last week, during activation stage, it showed the colorful apps icons. But I was not ready and selected go for the next steps without wanting to install these apps.

Now I have an empty page without any apps icons showing up. How to get them back for selection/installation, please ?

Created a case ticket regarding this issue, will call on Monday for follow-up. Meanwhile, has anyone sucessfully installed an app using the manual approach?

gmaco wrote:

Created a case ticket regarding this issue, will call on Monday for follow-up. Meanwhile, has anyone sucessfully installed an app using the manual approach?

Yes, I have installed the latest Joomla (version 3.3.6) manually. Your mileage may vary depending on the app’s requirements. It’s not a one-size-fits-all method…if whatever app you are looking to install has all requirements met, then there is no reason for a manual install not to work. I repeat - it depends on the app’s system requirements.

I doubt you’ll get much help from WD support since 3rd party apps are not really supported by them. You are on your own with this. And with the manual approach you may also risk voiding your warranty, since you’ll be doing it via SSH. And don’t expect support to help you out should you mess up your NAS in attempting to manually install whatever app you want to install. It is only recommended if you are comfy with Linux and understand the system requirements (provided they are met in the first place) and can do whatever manual install process is outlined for the app.

Thanks, but I’m only referring to the source files found in WD official site which can be uploaded through the dashboard without using SSH.

Issue has been resolved after downgrading the firmware to 1.05.21. For those of you who might need the older version of firmware, it can be downloaded directly from this link:  http://download.wdc.com/nas/My_Cloud_KC2A_1.05.21.bin.zip

I downloaded the firmware from your link and updated the firmware manually through settings. It shows the firmware as 1.05.21 but I still have no apps? Do I need to do anything else? Thanks.

It appears this problem is not firmware related. I went back and forth with WD support telling me to reset, reinstall, factory restore and manually install to no avail. I noticed the time was off and would not sync properly with the time server. I thought it must be network related despite the device being able to download the firmware from the internet and showing internet connectivity in the settings. I changed the DNS settings to google DNS servers and after this I was able to access all apps. Hope this helps someone else with the same problem.