No 9 digit code on bottom of My Cloud device

I am unable to access the My Cloud android mobile app as after I login to the app I am prompted to enter the 9 digit code which is supposed to be shown on the quick install guide I have lost/discarded or on the bottom of the device. However, there is no such code shown on the bottom of the device. Any help would be much appreciated.

You have posted to the OS3 My Cloud subforum. The OS3 My Cloud mobile app was discontinued over a year ago and is no longer supported and cannot be used with the OS3 My Cloud devices.

The single bay/single drive My Cloud does not use a 9 digit code. The My Cloud Home does. The My Cloud Home is a completely different device with a completely different operating system and feature set. If you have a My Cloud Home see the specific subforum for that device.

My Cloud Home
https://community.wd.com/c/home-cloud-storage/my-cloud-home/229

Relevant WD Knowledge Base Support Article:

My Cloud: Cannot Find 9 Digit Code
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/10194

IMPORTANT:
The 9 digit activation code cannot be found on, is not required and is not needed for the following WD Products:

• My Passport, My Book, WD Elements, EasyStore, Gaming Drive
  • My Passport Wireless, Pro, SSD
  • My Book Live, My Book Live Duo
  • My Cloud, Mirror, Mirror Gen2, EX2, EX2 Ultra, EX4, EX2100/4100, DL2100/4100, PR2100/PR4100

My Cloud Home and My Cloud Home Duo require a 9 digit activation code.
For the 9 digit activation code location, please refer to Answer ID 3763: My Cloud Home: 9 Digit Activation Code.

Thank you for your response.

And then… how can we use My Cloud iOS app to access remotely to our My Cloud drive?

You can’t use the OS3 My Cloud app to access an OS3 (v4.x or v2.x firmware) My Cloud. WD terminated OS3 remote access support using the OS3 My Cloud mobile app and OS3 mycloud.com web portal over a year ago.

My Cloud OS3 End of Service

Q: Will my device stop working if I can’t upgrade to My Cloud OS 5? Will I lose access to my data?
A: After the services are shut down, you can only access the device on a local network. Access through the My Cloud OS 3 mobile app or web app won’t work. Email notifications won’t be delivered. Devices that had auto-update enabled received a final firmware update that disabled remote access and outbound traffic to cloud services. Now, support has ended and you have to use your local network to access your device.

OS5 (v5.x firmware) My Cloud users can use the OS5 My Cloud mobile app for iOS or Android or use the OS5 mycloud.com web portal for remote access.

OS3 My Cloud users would have to setup their own method(s) of remote access, for example using VPN server on their local network, to regain remote access to their OS3 My Cloud.

Note: The My Cloud Home is a completely different device. It uses a different operating system and has different features. The My Cloud device generally does not use a 9 digit code like the My Cloud Home device does for activation. My Cloud Home users should seek support for their device in the dedicated My Cloud Home subforum.

My Cloud Home

Thanks but I upgraded my device to OS5 and I got access from my iOS device. But some time ago I can’t access. And I don’t have the code xxxx-xxx-xxx to configure it.

The following WD Knowledge Base articles give general instructions on how to access and setup a OS5 My Cloud and how to setup remote access for users on OS5 My Cloud devices. If you need the Two-Factor Account (2FA) verification code, see the Enable Cloud Access link in the Adding Users and Enable Cloud Access link below for how to trigger the My Cloud to send that code via email.

How to Setup My Cloud OS 5 Dashboard and How to Use It
Adding Users and Enable Cloud Access on My Cloud OS 5
More OS5 Support here:
Online User Guide and Solutions for My Cloud OS 5