NFS My wd ex4 /Alternative

Hi,

I have read that the latest version removed support for NFS. I bought my NAS thinking on a media center based on a intel nuc (n2820) with Kodi/Ubuntu/Plex + NFS (my cloud ex4).  

Considering that this services is not supported, is there another efficient way to mount the my cloud ex4 in my linux as a file system?

Extra information: My Ex4 run transmission, My nuc run subdownloader/flexget and kodi/plex.

Thank you in advance, regards

Welcome to the Community.

Some Linux distributions allow SMB access in case NFS is not available. I’d recommend confirming if your active distribution features SMB as a networking protocol for file sharing.

Regards,

Trancer.

But should I configure something else in my cloud ex4 device? or just in the linux side (ubuntu)? 

Could you please give me an example of how to configure my linux?  (should I use cifs right?)

The configuration would need to be applied on the Linux-based computer, as the WD My Cloud EX4 already has all the necessary active protocols.

CIFS/SMB would be the best choice when NFS is not available. However, for the exact procedure in order to enable or access a network resource using CIFS/SMB, please consult the documentation of your Linux distribution.

I tried mounting with cifs, but it didn’t work. Should I active something at my ex4 configuration? Thank you in advance

Same problem here

Solved by modifying the /etc/fstab and adding a credential file containing name,pswd AND domain

//192.168.1.101/Tempo /home/*****/WD/Tempo cifs noauto,users,credentials=/home/****/nascredfile,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,rw 0 0

and  the /home/****/nascredfile 3 lines :

username=*****

password=****

domain=*****

Worked here for the private share, used “nano /etc/fstab” as root.

Good luck

Thank for your help, I will try you did afternoon (chilean time).

The path that you specified (//IP/PATH); in my case I only have the Public folder, so should by something like //IP/Public? 

Thank you all, it worked perfectly! :smiley:

I used samba, I just configured a user/account, I’m able to mount using smb/afpt/ftp, etc.

Thanks so much.! Please close this topic.

First, SMB on *NIX is garbage. M$ ensures that the ‘standard’ is changed often enough to make SMB on anything other than WinBlows just isn’t production-like stable. Even if you are using it in a non-AD environment, reboots of ‘server’ aren’t cared for as cleanly as other *NIX native file sharing protocols.

My guess, this ‘choice’ was likely due to the number of calls WD was getting from people who didn’t understand how to use/setup NFS and it was a financial decision.

That being said, anyone that truly needs NFS can easily get around this STUPID choice of WD with either SSHFS or my preferred method, iSCSI.