WD is happy to announce the release of its latest WD My Cloud EX4 Firmware Update.
You can post your experiences to the My Cloud EX 4 forum. Please create individual topics for any questions that arise. Also please note the firmware you are using in the topic.
[Edit - My apologies for missing this]
IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU STOP ALL PROCESSES AND SAVE ALL YOUR DATA BEFORE PERFORMING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE.
This firmware update requires the user to unplug the power supply, wait for 5 seconds to re-plug, and power up My Cloud EX4.
Effective with this firmware update, the Network File System (NFS) feature will not be available or supported. A message has been included in the update process to advise users.
Some Resolved Issues:
- Supports Dropbox sync.
- Supports backup to compatible USB devices using Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) and Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP).
- Supports dual network connections to connect to two different networks at the same time.
- Supports ability to block or allow certain DLNA devices from accessing the server.
- Supports rescan and rebuild function for new media files to show accurate count in the web UI.
- Supports user configurable Disk Sync Management function over USB ports.
- Supports external USB drive to be used as a target device for Windows Backup, WD SmartWare and Apple Time Machine.
- Supports power management with attached compatible USB devices and inactivity timer to initiate drive sleep mode.
- Supports displaying current system log info on web UI.
- Supports share selection in Remote Backup to be able to select multiple shares for backup.
- Supports share folder creation with device that has two JBOD volumes.
- Removed NFS support
- Resolved issue when unit is in standby mode, it will not send alert message via email or text message.
- Resolved issue with LED not showing correct drive health status when a new drive is inserted.
- Resolved issue when creating new folder while internal backup is in progress, previous backup job hangs.
- Resolved issue with error code-generating and email register function being disabled when Cloud Access is disabled.
- Resolved issue with .flac extension not showing up in iTunes.
- Resolved issue regarding not showing the correct percentage in progress bar when performing incremental backup to internal drive.
- Resolved issue with certain USB devices not displaying on the web UI and network share.
- Resolved problem with transferring file to mapped Public folder shares.
For a complete list of resolved issues, please refer to the release notes.