WD is happy to announce the release of its latest WD My Cloud EX4 Firmware Update.
You can post your experiences to the My Cloud EX 4 forum. Please create individual topics for any questions that arise. Also please note the firmware you are using in the topic.
What’s new in this release:
- Supports 5TB and 6TB hard drive.
- Updated Diagnostics section under the “Home” tab which has a provision to display the Disk Drive temperature.
- Updated the “Remember Me” feature to retain the user’s credentials.
- Updated FTP and NFS protocol to be disabled by default. Changes will occur if device is reset to factory state.
- Resolved DLNA Media Serving to be disabled by default. Changes will occur if device is reset to factory state.
- Resolved the issue when device is in JBOD and using the DNLA Media Server “Rebuild” button may crash the media server.
- Resolved issue preventing user from changing the file name in the public shares.
- Resolve issue of unable to reboot the device while a USB is plugged in.
- Supports transfer progress percentage when downloading file using HTTP Downloads function.
- Resolved persistence of file extension when renaming a downloaded file using HTTP Downloads function.
- Resolved issues using HTTP Downloading with server require user’s credentials.
- Resolved domain join issue to Windows Server 2012 Active Directory requiring Realm (Domain) name instead of Workgroup name.
- Resolved issue causing Adware applications to crash the Dashboard.
- Resolved issues preventing multiple files download using Web File Viewer.
- Resolved issue relating to session timeout while using Web File Viewer.