WD is happy to announce the release of its latest WD My Cloud EX4 Firmware Update.
You can post your experiences here in this forum. Please create individual topics for any questions that arise. Also please note the firmware you are using in the topic.
[Edit - My apologies for missing this]
IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE YOU STOP ALL PROCESSES AND SAVE ALL YOUR DATA BEFORE PERFORMING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE.
This firmware update requires the user to unplug the power supply, wait for 5 seconds to re-plug, and power up My Cloud EX4.
Effective with this firmware update, the Network File System (NFS) feature will not be available or supported. A message has been included in the update process to advise users.
Some Resolved Issues:
- Supports backup to compatible USB devices using Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) and Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP).
- Supports dual network connections to connect to two different networks at the same time.
- Supports ability to block or allow certain DLNA devices from accessing the server.
- Supports rescan and rebuild function for new media files to show accurate count in the web UI.
- Supports user configurable Disk Sync Management function over USB ports.
- Supports external USB drive to be used as a target device for Windows Backup, WD SmartWare and Apple Time Machine.
- Supports power management with attached compatible USB devices and inactivity timer to initiate drive sleep mode.
- Supports displaying current system log info on web UI.
- Supports share selection in Remote Backup to be able to select multiple shares for backup.
- Supports share folder creation with device that has two JBOD volumes.
- Removed NFS support
- Resolved issue when unit is in standby mode, it will not send alert message via email or text message.
- Resolved issue with LED not showing correct drive health status when a new drive is inserted.
- Resolved issue when creating new folder while internal backup is in progress, previous backup job hangs.
- Resolved issue with error code-generating and email register function being disabled when Cloud Access is disabled.
- Resolved issue with .flac extension not showing up in iTunes.
- Resolved issue regarding not showing the correct percentage in progress bar when performing incremental backup to internal drive.
- Resolved issue with certain USB devices not displaying on the web UI and network share.
- Resolved problem with transferring file to mapped Public folder shares.
For a complete list of resolved issues, please refer to the release notes.