New Release - Firmware Version 3.10.09 for WD TV Live Hub (2/27/13)

HDMI port on computers are for ‘output’ to a tv/monitor, not input, so even if any laptop you have with HDMI would still be a problem.

Superyalda wrote:
Okee dokee. Sorry I didn’t see your reply earlier. Thanks!
What a disappointment though!
My net book is not new enough to have an hdmi so I guess that leaves me with bringing my device to a friends house.
Has this issue been raised in the past: allow updates from a windows or iOS system? Or direct via twonky?
Btw, the unit is everything BUT useless without a TV. I stream everything over wifi to the whole house, allowing everyone independent access to the media on iPads, iPhones, laptops and tablets, even my Internet radio can access my music!
The only problem is the update :frowning:

Ok, I gotta ask. If you’re using it without a TV, then why do you need a firmware update? Every firmware update I’ve seen only improves on things that you’d use via a TV, and not much else. In other words. Chances are a firmware update isn’t going to do you any good.

An alternative if your monitor supports it is to use the Component output to DVI-d.

Thanks again. I did not know the hidden reset button but I do now.

Before I upgrade to 3.10.09 does anyone know if there is an HDMI issue with the new firmware or if this update fixed the HDMI issue that a few people had on 3.09.  I had to downgrade to 3.08 do to the HDMI issue caused on 3.09 where I had to keep unplugging my HDMI cable from the TV each time I wanted to use my WD Device with firmware 3.09.  Going back to 3.08 fixed the issue for me.

Thanks!

Good question. I can only assume that some of the features must affect performance as the operating level. I do know that twonky isn’t working, for example. I’d like to get that feature back. It always lists 0 media files, just one example. If I’m wrong, and I don’t need the update, great, I won’t sweat it then.

Screen turned purple over night after installing new firmware.

Turned off the box and back on again temporarily solved the problem. 

The purple screen comes back next morning.

Is it something to do with the firmware or my hub?

Appreciate your helps.

The hub disconnects during large file transfers from network. The device needs full restart. Transferring a 8GB blueray content is not possible.

Any ideas to have the file transferred.

Still missing data from the XML files for movies – mpaa and thumbnail tags (and more). All one has to do is look at an xml file generated before 1/23/2013 and one genereated now to see the difference in content.

Alother issues is the Themes that use the missing data no longer display that info.

This problem started in the prior fireware release 3.09.

I have identified the source of the problem to be that the api at themoviedb.org changed its data return to have less info on a movie data request.

It took me less that 2 hours to recode my apps to use the NEW version 3  themoviedb.org api calls. I had reported this in the last fireware release.

I would expect that the developers of the firmware could do the same in researching the new Version 3 API interface to get the missing data and restrore the xmls back to there FULL contect.

So… I have had my WDTV Live Hub since it pretty much came out.  I recently upgraded to the new Denon AVR2113CI.  I work in the AV industry and do large residentail and corporate integrations.  WD has tons of HDMI sync issues with this device.  I wasn’t effected by it with my Marantz SR8002 but with the newer AVR it is a disaster… 

What happens?  I get a green flicker that goes one for aobut 15-20 seconds then the WD totally shuts down and restarts.  At this point you have a 50/50 shot of it working.  Sometimes your get the PINK/PURPLE HDMI sync mismatch and other times you get a working device.

There have to be other users experiencing the same issue.  I have tried multiple different versions and it is occuring with all of them.  The denon is updated to the latest firmware as well.

I also get the green flicker that goes on for about 15-20 seconds then the WD loads for the first time. I have also noticed since owning this and setting up my Yamaha receiver with the latest firmware installed a few months ago that in the settings menu there is an HDMI connection issue, and changing the HDMI cable didn’t fix issue being showing in AVR menu.

On a good note being on firmware 3.08 with still getting the green flickering on loading I can still use the WD unit (minus Netflix) do to the HDMI sync issue but my BD player was the work around for that issue and a few other streaming apps which won’t work on the WD do to the HDMI sync problem.

3.10.09 does not fix the cover art issue with VOB files.

This has been broken since 2.07.17, there are multiple threads and reports of this issue throughout the Community site.

When will we get NETFLIX on WD TV Live Hub in Europe ?

For technical reasons Netflix will never be on the live hub in Europe.

I cant sync HDMI with this update either… rolled back two versions… sigh… 

I have problems with MKV playback.

Some videos play well, others play during few minutes and then suddenly stops and return to the main menu.

I checked the video profiles and all of them have:

High@4.0 or High@4.1 with 2 or 4 Ref Frames.

Don’t know what happens but I hope a firmware upgrade can solve it.

Rollback the firmware to one that worked for you, or roll it back one firmware anyway following this guide.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

I see you are not mentioning the audio, the video looks ok. Use this app and paste the info from a file that does not work in here. Don’t use a comparison of a PC though, they can hadle a lot more issues than the Hub.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 9.59 GiB
Duration : 1h 50mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 12.5 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2013-03-24 20:01:00
Writing application : mkvmerge v4.6.0 (‘Still Crazy After All These Years’) creado el Mar 10 2011 02:50:32
Writing library : libebml v1.2.0 + libmatroska v1.1.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 10.2 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 14.5 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.962 fps
Original frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.206
Stream size : 7.86 GiB (82%)
Language : French
Default : No
Forced : No

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : 12ms
Stream size : 353 MiB (4%)
Language : Spanish
Default : Yes
Forced : Yes

Audio #2
ID : 3
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / Core
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 1 561 Kbps / 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
Language : French

Text #1
ID : 4
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Language : Spanish

Text #2
ID : 5
Format : VobSub
Muxing mode : zlib
Codec ID : S_VOBSUB
Codec ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on DVDs
Language : English

Looks ok, I would follow the WD guide in the last post and rollback the firmware, I have no issues playing Mkvs at all.