New Release - Firmware Version 3.10.09 for WD TV Live Hub (2/27/13)

After Upgrading firmware, Linux NFS shares does’n run ok.

System hangs, and tcpdump on two different linux servers says:

120 readdirplus fh Unknown/01000600AB549167570E418CA734014A6B3B5298000000000000000000000000 512 bytes @ 0

I’m trying to get it so that if I turn on the WD box, which is connected in via HDMI 1 to my Yamaha receiver, it will turn on the receiver and switch to HDMI 1 input.  Do you know if that is possible?

thx,

sanisan

Not possible even though it claimed to be.

sanisan wrote:

I’m trying to get it so that if I turn on the WD box, which is connected in via HDMI 1 to my Yamaha receiver, it will turn on the receiver and switch to HDMI 1 input.  Do you know if that is possible?

thx,

sanisan

hi, WDTV crashes when adding a new mobile device (fw 3.10.09). 

press “add new device” from setup menu and boem…

WD freezes and reboots after 10 seconds black screen.  

tested many times…

powercable 5 minutes disconnected

I whant to add my new IPOD touch5 (used the add a mobile device function a long time ago).  

don’t know if the previous FW had the same bug.

Grt, Ray

update:  

- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this? I’ll try this tomorrow

kidou wrote:

I have fixed my stuck on the wdtv load screen with loading… continiously:

1.opened up wdtv ie took lid off from the corner round with a knife

2 took out the hard drive easy 1 screw then carefully pull out the drive.

3 attached the drive to my windows 7 PC via a sata usb dock

4 a message came up saying do you want to fix drive errors so i clicked yes and within seconds it said ok fixed.

5 went onto the partition where my media was stored and deleted the wdtv folder and microcache folder.

6 ejected the harddrive correctly from pC

7 put the drive back into the hub and lid back on hub

8 plugged it in and voila loaded straight away :slight_smile:

Im happy at least firmware read the latest as well.

hope this helps someone else

I had high hopes that this would fix my issue, but alas. 

It still hangs at the WD TV logo, solid power light. Hard drive slightly humming, no fan action. Just sits there. 

Sadness. 

- Which firmware?                                                                 3.10.09
- What happened?                          YuppTV does not load. It shows a black blank screen when opened.
- What were you doing?                      Clicking on YuppTV within services menu.
- Does this happen every time?                                  Yes.
- What hardware and media were you using?            WD TV Live HUB
- Did this happen with previous firmware?                 Yes from the begining  when WD introduced Yupptv
- Does power cycling the unit solve this?                    No.
- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?           No.
- Have you tried this on other devices?     No. I dont have other devices. But tried on Laptop and Ipad                                                                 both   works fine.

No sound in any of the services you tube etc. since firmware upgrade.

audio set to optical output only passthrough I think.

sound plays fine in my movies music and tune in.

not sure why.

• Resolved PlayTo blank video Timebar problem.

many thanks for fixing this problem… it was driving me nuts and i use it all the time.

hi, WDTV crashes when adding a new mobile device (fw 3.10.09).

press “add new device” from setup menu and boem…

WD freezes and reboots after 10 seconds black screen. 

tested many times…

powercable 5 minutes disconnected

fixed with restore to default setting :smiley:

I apologize for not being an expert at navigating the community and I’m sure there’s a more appropriate place to put this but after searching endlessly without the option to post, I’ve given up on protocol and just need to ask a question. Here will have to do.

I don’t have a television anymore, is there a way to update the firmware without a television? 

Is there a windows or ios gui which guides you through the update, ideally wireless?

I haven’t had a television since September so my firmware desperately needs updating.  I’ve tried everything but every option eventually brings you back to your tv screen.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Without a television, the WD device is useless. You can try hooking up to any computer lcd panel with an HDMI input and go from there.

Superyalda wrote:

I apologize for not being an expert at navigating the community and I’m sure there’s a more appropriate place to put this but after searching endlessly without the option to post, I’ve given up on protocol and just need to ask a question. Here will have to do.

I don’t have a television anymore, is there a way to update the firmware without a television? 

Is there a windows or ios gui which guides you through the update, ideally wireless?

I haven’t had a television since September so my firmware desperately needs updating.  I’ve tried everything but every option eventually brings you back to your tv screen.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

80sGuy wrote:

Without a television, the WD device is useless.

… unless he’s only using the server functions (WD Photos, DLNA, etc…)

Do firmware releases ever include new apps/services like say AMAZON INSTANT VIDEO or other “channels?”

My WD TV Live Hub hung up when it was downloading the new firmware. It does not respond to the remote control, what ever button I pressed.

I tried pressing the buttons on the box itself, nothing happens.

Should I pull the power cord? 

Try resetting it first, then unplug it for 15 seconds and reboot.

gpsvn wrote:

My WD TV Live Hub hung up when it was downloading the new firmware. It does not respond to the remote control, what ever button I pressed.

I tried pressing the buttons on the box itself, nothing happens.

Should I pull the power cord? 

Thanks. None of the buttons on remote control or on the unit responds including the Power on button so I had to pull the cord. It works.

Always reset the deivce after an upgrade. You don’t have to rely on the button/gui. There’s a little pin hole on the bottom of the unit, all you have to do was stick a little staple pin or needle and it’ll reboot, then pull the plug from there and let rest for 10-15 sec.

gpsvn wrote:

Thanks. None of the buttons on remote control or on the unit responds including the Power on button so I had to pull the cord. It works.

Still seeking a solution. How can I update my firmware without a television?
I have a laptop, iPad and iPhone.
Anyone?

Okee dokee. Sorry I didn’t see your reply earlier. Thanks!
What a disappointment though!
My net book is not new enough to have an hdmi so I guess that leaves me with bringing my device to a friends house.
Has this issue been raised in the past: allow updates from a windows or iOS system? Or direct via twonky?
Btw, the unit is everything BUT useless without a TV. I stream everything over wifi to the whole house, allowing everyone independent access to the media on iPads, iPhones, laptops and tablets, even my Internet radio can access my music!
The only problem is the update :frowning:

You’ll NEED a monitor to operate the gui, I don’t think there’s any other way.

Superyalda wrote:
Still seeking a solution. How can I update my firmware without a television?
I have a laptop, iPad and iPhone.
Anyone?