New Passport Wireless - Wifi turns off

I have just purchased a new My Passport Wireless so I can back up my SD cards when travelling. However, I cannot even set the dam thing up. I am following the instructions on the drive video regarding setting it up but here’s my problem. I turn it on and it offers up the My Passport Wifi option on my computer. I connect and then go to my browser to type in Mypassport as instructed and before I can do that, my passport shuts down. Anybody else experienced this? What’s the answer. Windows 10 using Chrome browser if that helps and No I don’t have it connected through USB

Move the MPW a few feet away from the computer and other electronics nearby that can be causing interference during setup. If this helps, great, but if not and you think you have a lemon, exchange for another new one from where purchased. You do not want to deal with an exchange of this unit from WD unless necessary.

Thanks for trying to help. It stayed on a bit longer. But although the network showed my computer could not connect to it. And then the MPW ■■■■ its pants and both lights went red and would not stop flashing. The problem is I bought this while back in the UK last week, but live in Malaysia, so exchanging it for a new one is not an option. Not, impressed!

The red lights can mean trouble or the unit need a reset to System defaults. Here are instructions I gave someone recently about the red lights.

Download the complete user manual for your model from WD support and find instructions to reset/restore the System defaults. when unit is ON by pressing the two buttons in front at the same time for around 10 seconds . it will begin the reset and can take a while. You then need to set it up like new again. System reset will not delete your data. Read the manual for the details of all this and good luck…

Additionally, I like to set these up with an iPad or iPhone browser away from interference, If you have one of these use it to do the set up after the restore is done.

Yeah thanks I saw that post from you and tried that.
It worked to a degree, I could finally connect.
But when I tried to copy the files from an SD card the drive looked like it was working and then the dreaded flashing red lights :frowning: I don;t think I will ever buy another WD Product!
Anyway, thank you very much for your advice.