New OS5 Firmware update 5.16.105!

My Cloud OS 5 Firmware Release Note v5.16.105 - My Cloud OS 5 Personal & Network Attached Storage / Announcements - WD Community

The release notes: https://os5releasenotes.mycloud.com/#/

Upgraded to 5.16.105 five days ago and since then, the fan is always on at 7800rpm instead of being idle and quiet.
My WD MyCloud is not indexing as this option has been disabled because of the known infamous never ending index problem.
Why is the fan always almost at full speed?
The only process that consumes CPU is the “top” command at 22% (when listed from the web interface health button). Disks are at about 48°C like always.

I now have to turn the My Cloud off during the day (and thus don’t have access to it) and turn it on on the evening for it to be available for backups. Not very convenient.

1 Like

I also upgraded to 5.16.105 some days ago and since then it looks like the disk is always on. It doesn’t go to sleep after idling some time. Are there more users with the same experience?

@Joosten
What is showing when you open the Dashboard and look at it? Do you have continuous backups? If yes, how often do you open and change or create new files?

On my side, WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra, I have:

• Cloud Access disabled (indexing is troublesome)
  • No continuous backups. Idle most of the time. One backup at 8:00pm that lasts about 20min.

+1 after the upgrade it does not go to sleep anymore.