New My Cloud Administraton user?

I have just added a second my cloud to my network
However I cant log into its dashboard as when I try it says “only administrator users allowed” I am the only user and registered it to my WD account. I can access files via my WD account (Both My Clouds show up) but I can get into the new My Cloud set up ???
I am on Win 10 and my original My Cloud is ok

How is it connected to your network and did you give it a different name?

cat0w
USA

Hi
Its hardwired into my network
I named it a different name as to distinguish it from my original one . I can get web access but not dashboard or when inputting the IP 192.***.1 ete etc

Have you tried disconnection the My Cloud (The one you can get to the dashboard) … Reboot your router and see if you can access your second My Cloud? (First My Cloud is still disconnected at this time).

I have 2 My Clouds and can reach either dashboard without any issues. They are both on the same switch which is connected to the router. Both have unique names and IP addresses.

I can access via logging into the web interface (My Cloud programme) for my WD account and Both My Clouds appear there and I can switch from one another. and see files etc
The problem is when I try and get to the Dashboard by typing in the IP address it goes to a WD log in screen Username/Password if I input the My Cloud user name and password it wont log in and says “only administrator users allowed” I don’t recall setting up anyother access account/password
When I input the IP address of my original My Cloud it goes straight to the dashboard no request for login comes up.

What OS are you running?

Have you tried a 40 second reset?

If I remember correctly … check the user manual … a 40 second reset will not delete any data but will reset the My Cloud to default User permissions and default Admin password. That should allow you to login with the User account of “Admin” and no password, at which point you when in the dashboard you would want to change the Admin password and reset any user accounts and permissions.

I have Win 10
I checked the dashboard of the My Cloud I can access it with to look for the admin password but couldn’t find it , Where can I find that ?

I done the 4 second reset but it still rejects my log in

This is from the manual:

Resetting the WDMyCloud Device

Resetting with Power Off
At the same time as you plug power into the WD My Cloud device, press the Reset button
and hold for about 40 seconds. The device undergoes a system restore and powers on.

If you have set a password or a static IP address on the WD My Cloud dashboard and have
forgotten it, This resets the password to the default value of none and to default IP settings.
The default IP setting is DHCP. Resetting does not erase your files.

WARNING! Do not move the unit while it is turned on. If you do not have
access to the back of the unit, unplug the device from the power
source, turn the device around so you do have access, and then
plug the device in again.

Done a 40 second reset and it now lets me log into the dashboard YIPEEE!!!

what a nonsense though. New product just trying to set it up and its caused me 4 hrs of aggro

Thanks for everyone’s comments

Glad this worked for you :smile:

Four second reset should be enough to clear the admin password:

Resetting with Power On
If you have set a password or a static IP address on the My Cloud dashboard and have forgotten it, pressing the reset button while the device is powered up resets the password to the default value of none and to default IP settings. The default IP setting is DHCP. Resetting does not erase your files.

New product just trying to set it up and its caused me 4 hrs of aggro

I’d suggest not using the automatic tools, but using the Dashboard to set everything up. Refer to p16 onwards of the User Manual.

You don’t need to set up a MyCloud.com account just yet; you can hit ‘Cancel’ and it will continue to the next step. You can set up an account later.

When you get to chapter 4, skip to Chapter 5 onwards.

In this way, it takes me less than ten minutes to set up a new MyCloud device, from power on.

My advice would be to get the thing working as a basic NAS, get some data on to it, then slowly learn how to do the other things like backups, media serving, remote access, etc. The automated setup tries to do too much at once, automagically. And when the automagic fails, the user is utterly stumped…

Also, you don’t have to use WD tools to access the thing, except for remote access. Or use the Safepoint, Smartware or Sync tools to backup the device or backup/sync other devices to it. There are plenty of other freeware and commercial tools that do a better job, IMHO. I don’t use any WD tools for local access, and only use the WD app for remote access n my iPad and Android tablets. That way, I have so far I have avoided much of the grief others seem to experience with the WD local access/backup tools.