New G Drive USB-C Keep disconnecting itself?

I preorder the new G Drive USB-C last week and received it yesterday. It’s my first time using g-tech product. The drive appears working in the beginning, I can store and read files and it charges my Macbook pro 2016. Unfortunately, it will keep disconnecting itself after few minutes. The incorrect ejection message will pop up and it stop charging my Macbook Pro. However, after it disconnect itself the G logo on the G Drive is still on which means the power is still on. Any suggestions? I think I get a deficit unit because I tried use a different usb-c to usb-c cable and it does the same thing…

Which model MacBook Pro 2016 are you using? …The G-Drive USB-C only supports up to 45 watts of USB power through the USB-C cable.

A MacBook Pro 15 (late 2016), as an example, requires 87 watts power to adequately charge the MBP 15 (must use the Apple Power Adapter & Cable, in addition to connecting a drive that only provides up to 45 watts power).

IMHO, the G-Drive USB-C product description… “With support for up to 45 watts of USB Power Delivery through the USB-C port, this drive can charge your compatible MacBook or MacBook Pro without having to take a separate MacBook charger out of your bag.” …It’s too easy to overlook the operative word “compatible” and assume the G-Drive will change all the MacBook Pros.