Network Shares is not showing my computer. (Windows 7)

Hello. I have a WD TV Live, and I am trying to play videos with subtitles (in the form of a .mp4 and .srt). The WD TV Live is connecting to the network using wireless means. I have a Windows 7 64-bit computer. I have already tried lots of solutions on the WD forums, including registry tweaks, changing permissions, sharing folders, and modifying advanced sharing settings to no avail. However, another computer on my network is visible on the Network Share screen of WD TV Live, even though it is Windows 7 64-bit too. I have also tried to disable firewall and anti-virus, but nothing has worked. My computer is just not appearing. Please help.

WDTV and PC must be in the same workgroup (not homegroup) and you need to connect via network shares.

“WDTV and PC must be in the same workgroup (not homegroup) and you need to connect via network shares.”

I already verified both of those. Network Shares does not show my computer but shows another computer on the network, weird.

Make sure that the PC has the same time as the WDTV, that can cause the same problem of it not showing up.

It does have the same time and time zone.

Send the files to the other computer?

“Send the files to the other computer?”

That is my failsafe solution, but I want to find out how to just connect using my own computer.

See if first post here helps you:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/How-to-resolve-quot-Network-shares-quot-access-problems-with/td-p/671513

I already tried that solution, it didn’t work for me.

Search these forums for “master browser”.  It is one of those things where you should not have to go to that level, but if you want the WD to work that is what it usually takes.

Me too… I will search for the solution.

SOLUTION : Turn on IPv6 if not turned on (worked for me)