Network issue

hey guys 

just wondering if you could help me out i have a wd tv live hd media player and i am trying to use a wireless usb adater and cant get it to work its a dwa 125 v1.00 f/w a1 any ideas i was reading the manual but could not find the wireless set up screen on my wd 

thanks for your help

adam

Offhand I’d say that adapter isn’t one of the supported ones (if it is forgive me).

I had tried two or three wireless adapters I had around the house that acted similarily, and it wasn’t until I bought the Belkin FSD8055 that things worked for me.  If you are in the U.S. you can go to Office Depot and try it out for 30 days and return it for free if it doesn’t work for you (but I’m sure it will).

adamt wrote:

hey guys 

just wondering if you could help me out i have a wd tv live hd media player and i am trying to use a wireless usb adater and cant get it to work its a dwa 125 v1.00 f/w a1 any ideas i was reading the manual but could not find the wireless set up screen on my wd 

thanks for your help

adam

It is on the latest list for the WDTV Live however it is quoted as new so I assume that you may need the latest firmware .24 to run it.>

New! D-Link DWA-125 Wireless Version A1: with FW 1.00
> You may have to 'recycle the power', reset the unit via the side button, and 'reset to factory defaults' to get the WDTV to recognise the adaptor.