Netgear WNDA3100-100NASv2

As per Western Digital Support, this post is for the devs who work on USB network devices compatibility for the WD Live. Yes after purchasing the Netgear WNDA3100-100NASv2 I find out WD is not supporting it and am unable to return to store due to return policy expired. I ask the Dev why are they approving devices that are discontinued? The latest 2 that were added are out of production. Trying to find one on the list is is a guessing game when going online because you don’t know if you get the wrong version. The retail stores carry the current models which WD is not supporting. I can understand it takes time but you can pick 1 or 2 models sold in the retail stores that are current and work to make them compatible before they are discontinued. You can also make your own. Yes 1 model so we can order direct from WD and make it easy for the consumer since you decided not to add wifi in it. Not like the other device which I own that is for my netflix account. The 1st model release by the company (you know who it is) with wifi included at a lower price then WD.  I like WD products but am very disappointed in the support.

Nukem wrote:

As per Western Digital Support, this post is for the devs who work on USB network devices compatibility for the WD Live. Yes after purchasing the Netgear WNDA3100-100NASv2 I find out WD is not supporting it and am unable to return to store due to return policy expired. I ask the Dev why are they approving devices that are discontinued? The latest 2 that were added are out of production. Trying to find one on the list is is a guessing game when going online because you don’t know if you get the wrong version. The retail stores carry the current models which WD is not supporting. I can understand it takes time but you can pick 1 or 2 models sold in the retail stores that are current and work to make them compatible before they are discontinued. You can also make your own. Yes 1 model so we can order direct from WD and make it easy for the consumer since you decided not to add wifi in it. Not like the other device which I own that is for my netflix account. The 1st model release by the company (you know who it is) with wifi included at a lower price then WD.  I like WD products but am very disappointed in the support.

The WNDA3100v2 isn’t discontinued…   It’s still a current product according to NetGear’s webpage:

http://store.netgear.com/store;jsessionid=A769F1083E038DF8661FF364BDC493EF?Action=DisplayPage&Locale=en_US&SiteID=netgear&id=ShoppingCartPage

And you answered your question:   They aren’t discontinued when they’re added…  and WD doesn’t have any control over when the manufacturer discontinues their products…

I agree with your other point,  and I’ve suggested to WD that they SHOULD sell their own adapter.  

Yes, it would make it a lot easier for customers if WD provided a wireless adapter. For example, I have Dish Network for satellite TV. They issued a statement saying ‘The Netgear 802.11N model WNDA -3100v2 is the wireless adapter that we officially support’, and they sell it to their customers for $25.00. You don’t have to buy it from them, but they offer a simple, inexpensive option to their customers.

Just an FYI… I was stating that the list of compatible products are either discontinued, no longer sold in a retail store or that it’s only online now and the problem with that is you don’t know what version they will ship and possibly have to return it and pay to ship it back.