Mycloudapp error 906 in every android 10 device!

For those that have the same problem, disable upnp in your routers settings and restart the router and MC. This should force the MC to use a relay connection which works with android 10.

I have contacted the supportteam through chat:

Johnathan A: It seems like we have done all the troubleshooting but still device is not accessible on android app.
Johnathan A: We have to escalate the issue to the senior team so that they could look into the issue.
Johnathan A: I need some mobile details for this
LJchiel: WD knows that i am not the onlyone having this problem?
LJchiel: what do you need to know?
Johnathan A: Please help me with

• android version
  • mobile brand
    Johnathan A: Yes, lately we are facing some trouble with mobile app so we have to escalate cases to team.

hope they find a solution soon…
maby it helps them to provide information, so contact them trough chat.

1 Like

Having the same trouble impossible to reconnect since I reinstalled the MycloudOS3 app. Before I had the “device not connected” message, when from the computer it worked just fine.

@WD Can u fix it asap ?

Nothing fixes this problem.
WD support does not respond at all!!
It seems that they have messed up the app seriously, but don’t have the balls to admit it.

1 Like

I hope it’s not a huge thing. It just cost them, I’m not sure how many thousand dollars. I told our sales staff and “NO”, after reading these issues I WOULD NOT sign off on the order PO.

So… I am having this issue on Android 8 as well as Android 10. And the support staff at WD just tells me they are working on it. What they do not say is that it has been going on since April. They insist it will be resolved soon. I really do not believe them.

1 Like

It seems that the issue is resolved. The app is working again.

Looks like they fixed the My Cloud OS 3 app. Everything is working again on Android 10 using wifi and mobile data connection.