MyCloud photo is based on upload date and not date taken - requesting sorting features

I am trying to use this to share photos with my family abroad, however not being able to sort photos by date taken in descending order (or even choose the sorting method) is rendering this unusable.

Currently my options seem to be creating manual folders for each year and month so that my family can see the latest photos, or carefully uploading manually in the right order to trick it into sorting correctly.

Both of the options are time-consuming and should be unnecessary if there were more sorting features included in the MyCloud interface. Are there any initiatives to add this capability?

Sorry, this is the way it is. Not too many things store photos by date taken, the My Cloud saves them like any other drive would, by date stamp of file. Moving and storing them in folders by year and sorting by month within the yearly folders is a good idea.

Are you saying you use the WD Photo app for this and you would like to see a change? If so, sorry that will not take place, see this post, Software Notice - WD Photos Being Retired 5/9/2017.

Have you tried sharing your Pictures with them by using mycloud.com? Share a link with them to your Pictures folder.

Thank you for the update, I see the note on wd photos. I have shared the mycloud.com with them, that is what I am having the issue sorting.

Do you know how to make a feature request?

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate the quick response.

Other cloud solutions I have used are more feature-rich on their storage capabilities. I was hoping there was something like that in the pipeline. Or if there was a way for me to try to develop something on my own that would sit on top of the storage drive where I could drag-drop sort, sort based on other metadata, etc.

For now, I will stick with year/month cataloging of photos.

First let me show you these example images from my My Cloud, Horace Share>Pictures>folder with the pictures. Mine are in the order they were taken.

Click on, tap or activate images to enlarge them.

As you can see in the last image all the photos are in the order they were taken.

If you are still having problems with yours then you need to provide more information about how you take your pictures, how they are uploaded to your computer or My Cloud.

How does your family view them? What program or apps do they use?