MyCloud Dashboard is accessible to ANYONE on my network, and is not password protected

I just unboxed my MyCloud PCS and have it running. I’m able to add users, and create shares and started experimenting with the files and the storage. 

However, I’ve discovered that the Dashboard control is not password protected, and while I can secure the files through the dashboard, literally anyone connected to my work network can find the dashboard and modify the security settings.

I’ve searched through all the help and I can’t believe I haven’t found something regarding this.

So either I’m really missing something obvious, or I don’t know how to search properly.

Any advice?

I want to lock down the dashboard so only I can access it.

Thanks,

In the dashboard select “users”. Select admin. Set password to ON and configure it.
By default (don’t know why) the admin user has no pass.

Cheers
Rui

1 Like

Thanks so much, I tried to thank you yesterday, but it wouldn’t let me log back in.

Now that my Dashboard is secure, I can start to play with file permissions.

Hello,

that makes sense, but what if I can’t see the user ‘admin’ in the dashboard ?

I have exactly the same problem but there is no user ‘admin’ in the list of users… or it is not shown.

daluchi wrote:

Hello,

that makes sense, but what if I can’t see the user ‘admin’ in the dashboard ?

I have exactly the same problem but there is no user ‘admin’ in the list of users… or it is not shown.

The “admin” user is whichever user has the green checkmark in the icon.

1 Like

Thanks TonyPh12345. I could have searched for hours on this…