MyBookLiveDuo shut down and restarted- now does work properly

I shut down my MyBookLiveDuo when I went on holidays, and re-started it on return. However, I now have several strange problems: 

1. Windows cannot access MYBOOKLIVEDUO Network path not found Error 0x80070035. 
  2. Restoring Network Connections Y_MyBookLiveDuo_Public Network name no longer avaiilable. This happens when I click on Public ( \MyBookLiveDuo)(Y:slight_smile: in Windows Explorer. 
  3. WD SmartWare Authentication Failed Specified network name is no longer available [Exception HRESULT 0x80070040]. In WD SmartWare, MyBookLiveDuo is locked, and when I click on the icon to unlock it, I am asked for Windows Security dialog box Windows Security Username & Password unknown.jpgUsername and Password, for which I type ‘admin’ in both cases. This just comes back with the same Windows Security dialog box.
  4. WD SmartWare Authentication Failed Exception HRESULT 0x80070005. Same as Item 3). 

Attached are 4 .JPG images of these problems. 
I hope that you can sort them out- I have had nothing but trouble with MyBookLiveDuo since receiving it.

Windows cannot access MYBOOKLIVEDUO Network path not found Error 0x80070035.jpg

Restoring Network Connections Y_MyBookLiveDuo_Public Network name no longer avaiilable.jpg

WD SmartWare Authentication Failed Specified network name is no longer available [Exception HRESULT 0x80070040].jpg

Hello,

Have you tried mapping the drive again? Since the drive was off since you left for the holidays, it might be getting a different Ip address.

Also you can try to map the drive with the WD Discovery tool.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=903&sid=206&lang=en

Help4All

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried mapping again many times, but it just keeps asking for Windows Security Username/Password (see attachment1).  I presume this is for Homegroup, but I didn’t set a password for my computer when I installed Windows 8 Pro (64-bit).  However, I went back and created a password for my computer several days ago.

With GEOFF-PC as the username, none of the passwords work (Dashboard, Homegroup, computer logon). Windows Security Username & Password unknown.jpg

So, I can’t map MyBookLive/Public or Smartware.  The entries in Windows Explorer no longer work, so I removed them.  I take the point that my IP address could have changed after re-starting MyBookLiveDuo.

The Dashboard works OK, but I found that it did not recognize any password for itself, so I re-entered the password that I had set previously.

WD Discovery Tool just finds 2 devices- MyBookLiveDuo and MyBookLiveDuo Personal Cloud, but apart from that, it doesn’t offer anything else to help.

Smartware does not allow me to enter MyBookLiveDuo.  The usual lock on it dow not appear at all, and it won’t open to allow me access to Backup and Retrieve tabs.

Smartware does come up with an update is available (WD_SmartWare_Installer_2.2.0.8.zip), but I just get a silly error message when I try to update Smartware (see attachment2).

WD SmartWare Installer v2.2.0.8 Error launching onboarding ex_System.jpg

What is the next step?