This problem seems to actually have occurred for several people based on the threads I have read, but as of yet, I havent seen an actual solution or cause.
Basically I have a 4TB (P/N WDBVHT0040JCH-00) currently using MyBookLiveDuo 02.42.02-012 : Core F/W firmware. It
is connected to a Linksys router.
When I first went ahead and setup the drive, everything was fine. Copied over some songs to test the streaming capabilities and setup remote access to the DLNA server and our various tablets, players and other items. No problems at all.
Before I decided to move all the media over, I went ahead and updated the firmware to the version listed above. That is when the problems started. After the firmware was installed, everything looked fine at first. The drive showed up as shared drives on the network and as a media server. After about 20 minutes though, the drive becomes unavailable from the network. The WD2Go app can still connect to it, but it is no longer available as a streaming media server.
It shows up on WD Quick View but not WD Smart Share. I can connect to the web dashboard using the IP address. All the basic utility tests show the drive as healthy.
If I go ahead and reboot the drive from the UI page, it all comes back again for 20 minutes or so and then become unavailable again. The drive still shows on the Network locations screen, but when I attempt to connect to it I get the “Windows cannot access \MYBOOKLIVEDUO” with an error code 0x80070035. The media server disappears completely.
Not sure what is going on. Like I said, I can still connect via the UI, WD2Go and it works for about 20 minutes after rebooting.