MyBookLive Media Streaming Help

Hey guys

Just got a WD MyBookLive 1TB and  having problems streaming movies from it to my Sony TV & Sony Blu-Ray Player .

My Details are -

Description:My Book Live Firmware

Version:MyBookLive 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W

Last Update:Thu 13 Mar 2014 09:40:30 PM PDT

Its using the DLNA Media Server which I can see (WD Logo on TV) when I look on my TV and Blu-Ray Player but once I go into the folders to find the movies etc the TV then says can not find file.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I think I have everything like it should be. 

I know that my devices can play these movies as I have them also on a WD MyPassPort 750GB Portable Hard Drive which I connect directly via USB and then play all the AVI, MP4 & MKV files perfectly. But when I put these files on my WDMBL 1TB and try to stream them, it doesnt find any files.

Anyone help me out here as I really want to get MBL going this way.

Thanks

Ok so I have copied the following files over to MBL

MP3 File
JPG File
MP4 File
AVI File

I put the MP3 in Shared Music, JPG in Shared Photos and the other 2 in Shared Movies in the WD My Cloud Program which lets you put the files on the MBL hard drive.

I turned TV and Blu-Ray Player on, go to Music and photo and I can play the MP3 and look at the JPG. But when I go to Video, I can still not see any files coming up, no MP4 or AVI - nothing at all.

But if I put these videos on my USB WB Passport Portable Hard Drive and plug this into the Blu-Ray Player & TV I can see and play them perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

As I mentioned before, MBL is not using Twonky anymore its using the WD DLNA Media Server.

With the last update you have the ability to switch media servers.

Try changing to the Twonly media server and see if you still experience the same issues.

How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5735