MyBook Live not working well since update to OS X Mavericks

Hi all,

I have been having trouble with my MyBook Live ever since I updated to OS X Mavericks. The green light is on and steady but I cannot connect to the drive. And when I try to reinstall the the MyBook Live setup, it sees the device but somehow can’t connect to it to move forward. 

If I am actually able to connect to my drive (for instance after a reboot) then it tells me that I have the latest firmware. 

Is anyone else having this problem? :frowning: Any known solutions for this?

I’m having the same exact problems.

My Time Machine will back up intermittently.  I cannot access mine via the original IP address through Safari or Firefox.  

Mine is connected through my router.  

Worked perfectly before Mavericks.  Website says that WD products only support up to OSX 10.8 (mountain Lion).  You would think there’d be more complaints about this, though.

MegaKhan wrote:

I’m having the same exact problems.

My Time Machine will back up intermittently.  I cannot access mine via the original IP address through Safari or Firefox.  

Mine is connected through my router.  

Worked perfectly before Mavericks.  Website says that WD products only support up to OSX 10.8 (mountain Lion).  You would think there’d be more complaints about this, though.

Where do you see that MBL only supports up to mountain lion? The latest firmware was released to resolved time machine support for mavericks.

Excellent.  I must have missed that!

But my problem of connecting to my dashboard still exists.  How can I update if I can’t access my freaking dashboard?

I’m using the same IP address to access it that I used BEFORE installing Mavericks.  NO LUCK!

Try to adjust your firewall settings. Then deactivate ‘stealth’ modus. Restart your computer.

In the systemsetting you can also control you energy settings. When you have Power Nap switched on your Mac willl keep your MyBookLive active. resulting in a green blinking light.

To check you can switch off your computer. when it is not sleeping but off, the green light on the drive should after a while turns blue when I am right that this is your issue.

And you can also download the new control pannel from WD to once more set up your drive.

Thanks for the tip. Do you mean to turn off energy savings? i.e. to set it so the hard drives never go to sleep? I tested this a slightly different way - I tried to connect to the drive via my Samsung smart tv, which seemed to wake it up. The light went from blinking to solid green. 

I also just downloaded and installed an update on the mybook live drive, but that didn’t help. Waking it up via the Samsung tv did.

My firewall is off.  Always has been.  

Problem still exists.  Now it’s failing to do any backups.  Steady blue light now.  Have to do a hard reset just to wake the darn thing up!

Made adjustments on the energy settings, but don’t have the Power Nap option on my Mac.  Made it to where my Mac HD doesn’t sleep.

Will try to dl the control panel later tonight. 

I fixed the issue by simply rebooting the My Book Live drive.

I’m still having issues with connecting to my MyBookLive after upgrading to Maverick.  I see my MyBookLive under “Shared” but connection status says “Connection Failed”.  I unplugged my drive from my router and power supply and still no luck.  Please help.