Mybook Essential 2tb 2012 not detected SOLVED

-Solved by buying some (21 available, got me 3) exactly the same mybooks and swapping the USB-pcb-bridge! id is the same - very lucky.

My 7 year old WD Mybook Essential 2tb WDBACW0020HBK-00 external disk is not seen anymore by windows 10 or by linux (partedMagic).
Not in devicemanagent and not in drivemanagement since I plugged another hd into other usb port of pc (wrong smell was filling space around the discs).

What is strange is that the disk spins ok without any wrong sounds as far as I can tell when using the adapter, and led lights continously with 2 short flashes in the beginning.
But when removing the pcb and connecting the hd direct to pc with 2 usb-extension cables the drive does not spin at all and the led is off.

Wd pcb on the disk (printed 4060-705089-001 REV.P1 and on sticker 4061-705089-001 Rev AG).

Any ideas? I do not understand drive does not spin except when wd pcb is in place…
Thought off replacing the pcb 4060-705089-001 REV.P1 but I cannot find any site to get me one.

Any help/advice would much be appreciated as there is quite some historic family stuff on it gathered in the last 10-15 years.

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: Error

1 Like