My Passport WD Security password rejected

None of the Unlock or Uninstall methods work that I’ve read,

Perhaps because this WD Drive Unlock is an Expired Product.
It expired while I was not using this My Passport external drive

WD Drive Unlock
My Passport

4.0 TB
I assume my Mac is the hosting computer (instead of my Windows 10 machine) where this was installed because I find the WD security apps installed here on my Mac

Mac, yes, with Catalina updates.
I see the drive just fine – no failure to mount.

I then tried the WD Drive unlock app and it went through its steps but when I replug the external Passport drive it still reads in Finder as “WD Unlocker” instead of the My Passport device name.

“Your My Passport drive is locked. To unlock your drive, please enter the drive password below.”

Correct password copied & pasted is rejected as Invalid
I get five tries before I must dismount drive, remove it, replug it to USB.

How can I regain my files in My Passport?

The previous password has always worked… But WD screwed this up for my case where the Utility was a time-limited Trial that expires.

Not even giving a way to return to UN LOCKED with the password or without the password.

Over & over I see that without the password my SECURITY product from WD has Competely Destroyed the very files I was trusting would be Secured!

I’m convinced I have the right password – I’ve never had a problem with this

BUT WD itself has made my working password INVALID because it is a byproduct (BUG) of using a TRIAL product – when the Trial Expired the Software itself NOW REFUSES the explicit password to My Password – not because of my error with a faulty password –
but as a policy for dealing with Trials Expired –
“Sorry, but your Trial expired. You will HAVE NO ACCESS TO THE HARD DRIVE YOU INSTALLED IT ON UNTIL YOU PAY FOR THIS PRODUCT!”

When I connected this My Passport today I first saw a TRIAL EXPIRED notice.
And no way to Unlock it.
I came to the WD product website to see if I could BUY the Sofware that had expired.

I was puzzled that the Notification window of expiration had no link to Go Buy the Product.

I can’t find whatever software WD Security product to re-install or upgrade by purchasing.

Now I see this link – which is probably directly related to my current problem – I can’t uninstall the WD Security software without WD accepting THE VALID PASSWORD

I specifically made a text file when I allowed this “WD Security” product to go to work to protect my hard drive. I saved the password which I first created inside this file. Then copied & pasted to WD settings. It is only AFTER I see this EXPIRATION notice that WD will NOT Accept the Valid password.

https://community.wd.com/t/how-to-delete-wd-smartware-pro-free-trial-from-my-computer-before-end-of-the-trial-period/168568