My Passport for Mac not properly ejected

My WD My Passport was yanked out of a macbook air without being ejected.  It now won’t mount in this computer or several other macs or a desktop PC (although the PC says that it has been “installed”).  Do I have any hope of recovering data?  Thank you.

Hello there, welcome to the community.

I’m sorry to read that you are unable to access the information, have you tried performing a verify and repair disk from within your Mac’s disk utility? In case that you have tried, that and didn’t work, I would recommend you to try a data recovery software.

I met the same problem. I pulled out My WD Passporty Ultra (1TB) accidently while running. It was not properly ejected. Now, whenever i connect the same to my Macbook Air with OS Yosemite installed therein, it simply does not mount. Even the desktop does not show the drive though the other partition drive is visible. I have tried disk utility verify and repair, however, it shows some error and directs that the disk need repair. Please sort out the problem. If any data recovery software is needed, then please suggest which software is competent to do recovery.

Thanks in advance.

Regarding: “WD My Passport not mounting in Mac”.

Go to System Preferences, Energy Saver, Deselect “Put hard disks to sleep when possible”. Set “Computer sleep” and “Display sleep” sliders wherever you want. Unplug and replug My Passport usb cord.

MAKKAR wrote:

I have tried disk utility verify and repair, however, it shows some error and directs that the disk need repair.

Thanks in advance.

Run OS Recovery

Disconnect all devices from your computer except for the keyboard & mouse.

Boot up from your computer by holding down the command+r keys.  This will take you to the recovery drive. 

Select Disk Utility & hit Return.  

In Disk Utility select the HD on the left & click on Repair Disk (bottom right).

When you reach the desktop after doing the above, again repair permissions & restart your computer.

If the disk still needs repair, you will need a stronger repair utility like DiskWarrior.

I am doing same to mount it on my Mac Operating system laptop but it won’t.
Also, I try to follow the steps which are provided by “470Doug86” but it gives me an error i.e. error your device is not working properly or need repair.