My Cloud no writable sector

I bought my WD My Cloud today, installed the software, started the download from my Windows 7 PC. I installed the app on my phone and I connected straight away and checked out that it was working. I was expecting the transfer of about 1tb of data to take all night.

I went to the, I think its called the Smartware and opened it up and it said that there was no writable sector on my ‘My Cloud’.

I have tried several times since, turning off, turning on, re-installing the software (it wont let me get past stage two as a message comes up Checking your device followed by an error warning which says

WE’VE DETECTED THAT YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO:

X - COPY FILES TO OR FROM THE DEVICE

X - MAP A SHARED FOLDER

Everythings wired in correctly, My Cloud to the Modem, Modem to the PC, the mains is on, the blue light on the front is on.

Can anyone help please?

Paul

I’m desperate to get an answer on this, preferably from someone at WD. I don’t want to take it back to the shop for an exchange as the disc did start to write some of my files and some of these may be confidencial and not password protected!

Hi Wicksy56, check if you have any firewall, antivirus that might be blocking Smartware. Can you copy any file manually from the PC where you have Smartware installed? 

Thank you jubei04,

Non of that worked and its still the same. If I could wipe the disc then I would take it back for exchange but the format option doesn’t come up on the device. I’m stuck until someone can enlighten me.