My Cloud Home Photos download....12,000 photos ?! lost all metadata too

Hello all,

Last year, before changing Iphones, I uploaded on my My Cloud Home ALL my pictures library and deleted it from the old phone/icloud. Since then, i used My Cloud Home as backup for all my pics but kept them on the phone too (so its in Icloud).

Now i would like to re-download the previous library pics i have on the NAS. There are over photos (worth about 115 gb size). What is the most efficient way of doing it ? through the app on the phone ? Airdrop ? through the laptop ?

I have also realised that during the upload last year, My Cloud Home seems to have deleted all data that were on these pics…i just looked at a couple today and the info tags are completely empty. No date (apart from the one when the pic was added to the My Cloud library), no iphone model, no location…VERY ANNOYED by this !! very worried there is nothing to do about his.

HELP !?!

The fastest way is to connect to a WD usb 3.0 drive copy everything to it

thank you for your reply what do you mean ? buying another drive and then connect WD My Cloud to it to get the photos?> and then putting it on the iphone ?

can you clarify ? thanks !

Copy your photos to an external disk via usb 3.0 port then connect the media to the computer… Wired connection through Yusb 3.0 is much faster than network, especially when there are many small files and not one large…

understood !

but whats the best way to get these files/photos on the iphone once its on the main laptop ??

Sync your computer with your phone on the medium of a usb wire… Next, specify your photos on the disk where you copied from wd

This may not seem very convenient, but the data transfer rate will be maximum and will require less time than over the air at a size of 100GB

yeah a bit ! :wink:

why can’t i just use WD My home USB 3 port to computer USB C port directly to download the pics on the HD and then sync with the phone ? why do i have to go through an external disk ?

thanks !

It doesn’t work like that… This is similar if you wire two phones or computers to each other… WD can’t work like a usb external drive