How do I get photos OFF this WD drive and into Google Photos?

I can’t tell how to get photos off of this dumb hard drive except to download them one by one onto my laptop. I want to put them in Google Photos in the cloud. Is this even possible?

Assuming this ‘dumb hard drive’ is about the My Cloud Home, then this could be done all the time with Google Drive Desktop and if you are willing to ask it properly on the Google support forum, they may be able to show you how.

So, you don’t know how to do it either. Got it.

1 Like

GOOG is a $2 trillion company, they can afford to provide tech support for their cloud storage and hold your hands for you.

@Keithaw

Steps to Backup, Copy or Move Data Between Drives on Windows or macOS (wd.com)

My Cloud Home (wd.com)

1 Like

So, it’s a stupid hard drive that is hard to get files off of and it’s user base is a bunch of jerks. This just gets better and better. What a terrible product and what a terrible community this is.

@Keithaw
I don’t use this device, the My Cloud Home. I have two WD My Clouds, a first generation and a second generation.

I sent you links to information that I thought may help.

Here is a link to the User Manual, if you don’t have it already.
WD Documentation (wdc.com)

Have you tried selecting the individual photos while holding down Ctrl, if you are on a Windows PC. You can right click on one of the selections and copy all the photos. Then try pasting them into the location you want them in.

Example image below. Click on, tap, or activate image to enlarge it.

What an obtuse and vulgar personality you have and what have you contributed to the My Cloud Home community?

The answer has been provided to you in the first reply and it is a feature of the service that you are trying to use, Google Photos. But you still managed to insult the My Cloud Home service and community that tries to support it in the few sentences you mangled together.

@Keithaw

I am adding this and it has already been brought up by others.

google photos desktop - Google Search

I have over 4,000 files to move. I can’t just move them one by one. That’s not going to work.

You are the ■■■■■■■ troll you ■■■■■■■ troglodyte just hanging out here to insult people what the ■■■■ is wrong with you? You don’t know anything, you just sit here anyway causing trouble. What the ■■■■ is to it deal?

Instead of wasting everybody’s time and energy berating those who gave you the answers, you could actually follow the answers given to you. As I said in the very first reply, Google Drive Desktop is used to sync from network drives ALL THE TIME, including the My Cloud Home private local space. If you just ask nicely on the Google Community without all the insults, they will tell you the same thing.

Imgur

@Keithaw
Please show who you are responding to by using @.

Again this is how I would move all the folders from mine, if folders are what you want to move. Also, again I have Windows. After selecting a folder and then using Ctrl+Shift I would go to the last folder and click on it. This would show all folders selected. A right click on any selected folder will show that you can copy them. Then you will have to try and paste them into Google Photos. See example image below. Click on, tap, or activate image to enlarge it. Even if this works it will take a while to move all the folders to where you want them.