My Cloud EX2 Ultra Under Temperature / Apps tab locks up

Hi,

Getting the following error message today, after what appears to have been a firmware update to 5.27.157.

The above error doesn’t appear to have started immediately after the firmware update, but instead after I installed updates to USB Backups (v1.34) and Antivirus Essentials (v1.43). Checking the Disk Status section under Storage does not report temperatures anymore, and the S.M.A.R.T. Data report is blank.

In attempting to diagnose if the issue was one of the app updates, the page locks up without loading the apps.

Given the timing on the occurrence of these issues, it seems to be either attributed to the firmware update or the respective app updates (or both), but I’m unable to access the apps tab to diagnose further.

As an aside, I am unable to initiate a reboot as well due to the following:

Please advise!

2 Likes

Same here, but I haven’t tried to restart yet.
I wrote to support with logs and screenshots (case #231020-002027)

Pretty scary.

It`s broken firmware… … need wait for fixed

I’m having the same problem too.

I would like to briefly summarize the situation. I updated the EX2 Ultra to version number 5.27.157. Immediately afterwards, it asked me to update 3 applications (Transmission, Anti-Virus Essentials, USB Backups) on the device. After the update process was completed, I started to understand that I was having problems with the device.

Error name is “The system temperature is below specified minimum temperature”. I immediately restarted the device and encountered an error warning in the driver status. When I ran the quick system diagnostics within the utilities, I did not encounter any errors. I am currently performing a full system diagnosis.

While all this was happening, the condition of both disks was defined as good before the update, but now the condition of both disks is defined as bad. It has only been 2 years since I bought the device and I am not someone who uses it very often due to my profession.

I’m waiting for your advice, thank you.

2 Likes

Hi,
For the sake of it, I tried restarting but I had the same errors.
I then just down the NAS for sometime and then restarted it.
So far, so good. I did not receive any warning by email.

Checked in again this morning. Was able to perform a reboot, so I had.

After the reboot, everything appears to be okay? I’m seeing temperatures reported correctly on the Storage → Disk Status page, and the Apps tab is loading correctly now.

It’s frustrating when my Cloud EX2 Ultra constantly runs into temperature issues and locks up the Apps tab. This hampers its functionality and overall performance. It’s essential for Western Digital to address these issues promptly through firmware updates or support, as it affects the user experience and the device’s reliability.