My Cloud and Windows 10

Hi, have Windows 10 on two laptops and from my works network, My Cloud App will connect to my cloud at home (4Tb), I can see all the shares, but cannot stream movies. I’ve changed players (Media player / VLC / Kodi etc), but the app will not launch any video. On my two android phones and a Tesco HUDL 2, works perfectly. Any ideas?

Cheers guys

Ian

Hi Ian_McIntyre,

Do you get any error message? What is the file format of the videos?
Have you tried using the WD Myloud.com we access?

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=13190

Hi Peter.

File formats are .AVI, MP4, MPEG. There is no error message. My cloud is fine if I want to download to the device then play it, but I want to stream as I do with Android device. Firmware is up to date as well.

Kind regards

Ian

Get Outlook for Android

Just to clarify what “WD app” are you using to connect to the remote My Cloud? The My Cloud Desktop program for Windows/Mac or the My Cloud mobile app for iOS or Android? Or are you using the MyCloud.com web portal?

Currently no problems streaming an MP4 file using the My Cloud Desktop program on a Windows 10 PC. It launches the default media player (in my case VLC) to play the media file. On Android the WD My Cloud app launches a dialog box asking which app I want to use to play the media file. I use MX Player which streams the remote media file without issue.

Hi Bennor.

It’s the Windows version. Android all perfect. I can select any file from the remote drive, but the film does not start. Have tried media player, VLC, TV & Films app in win10. Deleted and reinstalled My Cloud app but still not working. Same result on two Windows devices. Same issue remote and on LAN.

Kind regards

Ian

Get Outlook for Android

It is the My Cloud Desktop program you are having problems with?

Have you tried uninstalling, downloading the current version of the WD My Cloud Desktop program, then reinstalling the My Cloud Desktop program?

http://download.wdc.com/nas/WDMyCloud_win.exe

Have you set the default media player to VLC on your Windows 10 PC?

1 Like