My Cloud 4TB issue after auto updated to 04.05.00-315

I’m facing a serious issue with my cloud 4TB , it has updated the firmware itself to the version
04.05.00-315 after the update , the unit is getting more hot and the dashboard appear randomly on the browser . sometime it will keep initialising itself for more that 4 hours , after the initialization the dashboard will appear but will not respond to nay click .

I’m working on my company project since six months and everything are stored in this drive , the project should be delivered on 7 October and I am in trouble as all the project implementation are stored in my cloud , I though it was the secure area to keep such critical data , but i was wrong , now there are possibility for me to loss my job if I don’t recover the project. Cant someone help me ?.
I don’t it’s a good idea to have the auto update for such kind of drive and WD should have tested the firmware properly before posting . the temperature of the unit raised badly and I can feel like burning smell . The network port is still flashing and respond to a Ping without packet loss

I am sure their are a lot of us using this version of firmware without any problems. My, My Cloud is also a 4TB. Here is a link where you can get more information about the My Cloud and you should read the User Manual.

https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=904&lang=en

Where do you have your My Cloud and is it installed as recommended in the User Manual?

First of all , This drive was working without problem for more than a year ad the position has never changed , not only that the room is so cold. The problem just happened after the update ,
The drive started disappearing from the network , and when I tried to access it through the web browser , the dash board appeared with wrong usage statistic , and also one message box appeared in from of the dashboard showing initializing , and this can take up to 4 hours , after the initialisation , the LED will return to solid blue and dashboard will not respond to any click , and the drive will not be accessible through windows explorer (Network drive) , randomly in some days the drive will be available and accessible for one minutes and will disappear or get stuck. I noticed that this condition the drive become very hot (Through the air vent and has like burning smell) after checking in the google , I reset the drive for 40S but no change . The drive should not update himself without notification , before I used to receive a notification from the drive by mail , but now no mail .
what I just need is you to tell me how to get it back in working condition as I have a critical project stored in it.

Right now the 2TB network drive black color , which i purchased firstly is still working properly without any issue and both are stored in the same place.

Hi
Till today , is is more than a year I reported an issue with my 4TB cloud drive and no support at all , no one to tell me what to do . All my data are locked inside the drive and I can access , I’m really do not expect That from Western Digit , loss of data + lost of investment due to manufacturing fault

Kindlynlet me know what to do and where to address my complain

1 Like