My Book Live Trade In Program - Discount Voucher In the Wrong Sequence

Hi WD and forum Users.

I think it’s important for WD to understand they need to provide the discount voucher first before asking owners to send their old WD My Book Live devices back.

I haven’t been able to use my WD My Book Live from remote since they told us to disconnect them from the internet and now they want me to return it before they will give me a discount voucher to buy a new WD device?

WD being experts in this technology and it’s use cases, you should understand the need to transfer data from the now vulnerable WD device (I was lucky enough to not have had my data wiped) to a new one to be purchased with the discount voucher?

You advise in writing in a support ticket that you would allow me to buy a new WD device first, then return the old one. Now that I have the RMA, you are advising that I will not get the discount voucher until I send the old one back first!

Please, if someone from WD reads this - help me sort this out and get back on the road with access to my data - honour what you said you would do in your response to my support ticket. I want to buy another one of your products but I need it first (with the voucher) so I can transfer the data, before I send you back the old one.
Regards
John

John. I sent my Live drive pack using their RMA and they said it was out of Warranty and was damaged (it wasn’t – just wiped). No voucher – nothing. And no response back when I complained. They said they would get back to me and all I’ve heard is Crickets. Take what you will with my experience.

I got the same response from Western Digital Global Customer Care who received and evaluated my affected NAS, and like you, I received no update or voucher or any type of response on my Incident Communication record with the Western Digital Service and Support group after I followed up on it. That was last week.

My experience with WD customer support on the My Cloud products has not been good. I don’t think I would try to do this trade-in. I’ll just keep the hard drive and throw away the diskless enclosure, which is now worthless.

Hi All. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I raised another incident to escalate my concerns. WD are now telling me that they will now send me the discount code first, after-which time, once I have copied the data across, I can return the old device. I haven’t got the discount code yet but if, and once, I do I’ll post it here so others will know. Cheers John