My Book Live 3TB disconneting itself from network

Hello

I have for over an year an WD My Book Live 3TB that run fine until couple of weeks ago.

It has static ip ( 192.168.0.2 ), and a Linux server (192.168.0.3) has mounted a folder shared on WD MBL, to copy over night a backup file, at a specific time. Couple of weeks ago I found the Book Live disconected from network, kind of this http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/My-Cloud-disconneted-itself-from-network/td-p/607675 , the green light is on and off like it is ok, but cannot enter on dashboard, or from network on the shared folders, or from the Android app.

Is there a fix for that like this http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/New-Release-WD-My-Cloud-Firmware-Release-4-00-00-607-7-9-14/td-p/761150 ?

Now I have firmware MyBookLive 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W and it is the latest, according to dashboard.

Thank you

Hello and welcome to the Community. Have you tried connecting the My Book Live directly to the PC, or pressing the reset button on the back for 4 seconds? 

cartus wrote:

"… but cannot enter on dashboard, or from network on the shared folders, or from the Android app.

" … Core F/W and it is the latest, according to dashboard"

A bit confuse, can or cannot access the dashboard?

I cannot reset it from the back button because there are settings that are made by other people, in order to work with the linux server, and I do not know how to replicate them.

I can enter dashboard only after i restart it, by removing the power cable and reinserting it.

When it disconnects from the network, it cannot be “seen” in My network folder, but it responds to ping in cmd window.

This is how it looks when it disconnects from the network, in “mc”, in the linux server:

http://imgur.com/3KeMr1O

Something looks funny - the date is 1970. Does it have a CR2032 battery like the PC motherboards ? Could it be empty , so it forgets the settings, and needs to be replaced ?

Trying to connect using IP vs name.

From Win it would be via the Wndows Explorer type //IP such as as //192.168.0.2 or whatever your IP is.

If you can ping it, it is on the network. Whether the services are running it is another story. Wonder if those changes made to work with Unix server affected the services on it. Also check to see if another machine by any chance got the same IP, or check the DHCP server lease clients.

Also, removing power cable not the recommended way to reboot it. If you can access dashboard do it via that way or via SSH.

BTW, this device is a Linux server, it runs Debian Lenny. So if you have Linux admins, they should be able to help.

Restart the device, post the output of /var/log/kern.log and /var/log/apache2/error.log and verify the apache2 service is running.

How do I get to “/var/log/kern.log and /var/log/apache2/error.log and verify the apache2 service is running” ?

In the mean time I cannot copy on the HDD anymore… from 9-17mps it drops to 80 kbps and below… a file of 380 mb lasts forever to copy on HDD. I think its time for another NAS and RMA this one.