WD is pleased to announce the update release of My Cloud Firmware Release 4.00.00-607.
- Please follow the instructions when doing the update.
Please feel free to post your questions and experiences in this forum. Please create individual topics for any questions that arise. Also please note the firmware you are using in the topic.
- Resolved issue of device losing connection to the network
- Resolved incorrect translations in dashboard for Russian, Polish and Korean languages
- Resolved issue of dashboard is not accessible when the admin user is deleted
- Resolved issue of share permissions are not able to be changed
- Resolved issue of .srt subtitle files are not displayed when streaming videos to LG ® Smart TVs
- Updated device read and write performance
- Updated video metadata extraction performance
Important Note: We have seen some users report that installing 3rd party applications through “apt-get” causes the WDMyCloud device to not function correctly. For more information on this, we suggest users read the “Instructions to rebuild a Debian package” section of the WD-Readme.txt located within our GPL source package that can be downloaded here:
As a reminder, the following message is communicated to users when using SSH to access their WDMyCloud device:
Please note that modifying or attempting to modify this device outside the normal operation of the product voids your WD warranty.
Some users have asked how to reinstall the current firmware to stabilize their device. Using SSH, the following commands can be issued, however, we recommend contacting WD Support ( http://support.wdc.com) if you are not comfortable issuing this command yourself.