Moving data from old device to new device

I have an older MyCloud device that I use as a “server” for multiple computers. Each computer is mapped to the MyCloud device and can make live updates to folders and files.

Because Western Digital discontinued support for my old device, I was forced to buy a new one and am wondering how to get all my files from the old device to the new one.

I’ve called numerous tech people in my area, but nobody will touch it. I’m not a computer techie…just know enough to get by.

@askursky
The link below is for the My Cloud Home User Manual.

Have you checked the Knowledge Base?
Support | Western Digital

Hook up both devices to your a PC or laptop via a Samba share and then you can simply copy the files from the old NAS onto the new one via the GUI.

@superswade Thank you! I will check into this and see if I can figure it out. I appreciate your input!

1 Like

@cat0w I did check there, but didn’t find anything. I will continue to search to see if I missed something.

Why not check the user manual under ‘Do more’ and avail yourself of the built in functionality? It should be supported. Alternatively, use USB HDD backup and then copy to new device is another fast (or faster) way of accomplishing this.

‘Do more’ network import from older My Cloud, as seen from Android app, also available from web (browser) app.

@NoPlex This looks like a perfect solution. I don’t see it in the online User Manual, but I will download the app and look for it there. Thank you!