Link MyCloud Home to Older MyCloud

Hi,
I already have the Older MyCloud device WDBCTL0030HWT-00
3 TB
I originally used this device on older computers as both storage and for Back Ups using Smartware.
For a couple of years now I have been using a newer pc with win 10 operating system. I have not been using the MyCloud device for a couple of years, just using extra drives in the pc for storage and back up.

I am now having back up problems as I have run out of the necessary space to save the back ups (using the Windows Back Up facility). I have now bought a 5TB MyCloud Home Personal Storage drive to handle the additional storage and Back Ups.

I have attached the old MyCloud device (to the router hub gigabit port), installed MyCloud, Quickview and Smartware. It all seems to work as before (although not been attached / used for several years). (although when I log in to Mycloud on the net and click on the search for the MyCloud device it doesnt find it. The only feature I am unable to access is the Smartware access to my backed up files. The files are accessed from a drop down link from which you enter a password for each folder. The passwords I have do not work and I cannnot be sure if this is because I have not done a full set up of the drive or that the passwords are incorrect, however I can however access the files through windows file explorer.

The question is can I use the old MyCloud device as first back up / storage and the 5 TB MyCloud Home as the back up to the old MyCloud. I have 2 other computers that I also need to back up that are on my home network.

I hope I have explained satisfactorily ?

Is what I would like to do possible ?
Do I need to do a Factory Reset set up of the old Mycloud ?
Should I use Smartware ( which is not now supported) for the old Drive or Download Acronis as is recommended for the MyCloud Home and use for both. ?
How should I set them both up in the way as explained above or is there a better way ?
Could I just attach the Mycloud Home to the older device or I could attach the new one to the router through an additional port ?

Of course there may be other information needed, so please let me know.

I hope someone will be able to help

Thanks
Ray

Limitations

• My Cloud Home and the My Cloud device must be on the same Local Area Network and Router
  • Content cannot be imported to a My Cloud
  • Supports SMB/CIFS
  • Multiple share selection at import is not supported
  • Specific folder selection within a share is not supported
  • 3rd party NAS devices are not supported
  • Multiple imports at the same time is not supported
  • Smartware and Time Machine shares are for backup and its recommended these shares not be imported

Hi Tekram
Thanks very much for your reply, the information is very helpful, although I dont remember asking about copying files, I am not sure where you got the quoted text ?
The main question is:
"The question is can I use the old MyCloud device as first back up / storage and the 5 TB MyCloud Home as the back up to the old MyCloud "
Or can I have first back up device as the MyCloud Home, which is then backed up by the older MyCloud ?

Thanks
Ray