Mounting WDMycloud shares in Linux Mint

I am able to access my shares from Linux Mint 18.1 but can’t figure out how to auto mount them using FSTAB or even the command line. I tried:
sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.1.20/Music /mnt/WD_Music -o username=username,password=password,iocharset=utf8

and get this error:
mount error(112): Host is down

I want to be able to mount the shares so they can be mapped within Crossover Linux. I have tried the above IP address as well as WDMycloud.local and neither work. The host is NOT down and I am able to access files using the file browser in Mint (as well as from my MacBook). Also, I can access the WDMycloud dashboard via the IP address. Can someone tell me how to get past this obstacle?

My NAS firmware: WDMyCloud v04.04.05-101 : Core F/W

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have never tried this since Linux is not a supported OS. Lets see if another user who has experience with Linux can comment on this.

I can mount all the shares from my two ex4 with a line in the /etc/fstab like this one :

//192.168.3.205/Archives /home/XXXuser/WD3/Archives cifs noauto,users,credentials=/home/XXXXuser/nascredfile,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,rw 0 0

and the nascrecfile in the user contains three lines :

username=XXXXuser
password=XXXXuser
domain=XXXXX

don’t avoid the third line !

another way is a line in /etc/fstab (that is for external USB drive)

//192.168.3.205/ASMT1153E-1 /home/XXXuser/WD3/USB3 cifs noauto,users,username=XXXXuser,password=XXXXuser,uid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,rw 0 0

and of course the directories in the user, here “WD3/Archives”

Then Systemtools->Disk Management and “User Mount Tool” is easy.
My two NAS have fixed addresses.

Host is down, i see that when the NAS is not yet ready.

Good luck

PS maybe as I use “noauto” the NAS had enough time to get fully ready and available

Well, after upgrading (kernel, samba and maybe others) usermount don’t work anymore.
Nothing modified in configuration files (nascredfile or fstab)

I have a wireshark capture stating "STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED’

command line instruction has no better luck.

FileZilla is working fine (FTP) and I can access my two NAS with Firefox, browse the shares and download files.

Btw I am running Fedora 25.

Any idea to restore the mounts ?
Really enjoying my WDEX4 (no kidding)

See you later.

I just cleared the group name in WDEX4 and suddenly after using smbclient -L
all my shares are visible and can be mounted again

Could you explain what you did more explicitly? What does “cleared the group name in WDEX4” mean? My shares are already visible on my computers ,but can’t be mounted successfully,

On the users page, at the right of users tab, there is a Groups list.
Write down the name of the the group, clear it and reboot the EX4.