Missing Folder but available memory still the same

Hello - I am missing a folder which contains lots of data. The available memory indicator suggests the folder is still there somewhere. I have NO idea how to find it. I tried to reset, but i get the rapid blinking light FOREVER! Is there a way to access the second drive to retrieve this data? Is there a way to run diagnostics on the Home Duo? Customer Service with WD is terrible and completely unhelpful. After being on the phone with someone who had NO clue, I was told I would get a call back from a higher level of support. That call, of course, never came.

Any help is very much appreciated

PS the result is the same on my mac, on my phone, and on my ipad

Hi misterwiggles,

We have escalated the case to L2 support and someone will contact you today regarding this issue.

Thank you so much!

Once again, I was supposed to receive a call. Once again, that call never came. I spent almost 1000 dollars on this hard drive. This is simply unacceptable

Still waiting for that phone call. I have phoned, and emailed customer service. Last night I received This email:

Hi CHRISTOPHER,

This is a reminder that we have replied to your support case and we have not received a response back. If you did not receive a reply from us please make sure to whitelist wdsupport@wdc.com and check your spam/junk folders. If you still require assistance, please reply to the support case email at your convenience.

REALLY???

Technical support team arranged a call back as promised and send you an email as well, please revert to that email with the best time and number so that another callback can be arranged.

Hi there,

Writing from Turkey.

I have same problem. I copied my 500gb harddrive via USB port to my Home Duo. Thereafter, I tried to delete 500gb file from WD Home DUO because of some missing files. Even tough files look like deleted, when I checked from the capacity they are still there. Couldn’t find a way to really delete those files.

looking for you help,

thanks

Have the same problem … as I bought the home duo for 400 Euros I thought to use this for my freelance work. I now know, it is to dangerous cause loosing files and folder. This is my first and last WD. It is absolute unacceptable to put something like that to the market.

PS. And trying to use the support numbers for Germany: “sorry your call cannot be completed”