Is it possible to recover a deleted folder on the Live Book Duo?

Hi, one of the folders in the root directory of my Duo just disappeared! I selected one folder within this folder to be deleted and the root folder is no longer visible on the drive (either through the MyCloud desktop app, or through the web).

Is it possible to recover the folder? It has about 600GB of holiday photos that I don’t want to lose!

Many thanks,

JGunstone

Try to access the Dashboard and check if the shares are there. Can you provide more details as to how did you delete the folder from the root directory?

Hi, thanks.

I just had a look at the shares on the dashboard. The folder that was deleted was within the Public share. On the dashboard I can see the Public share, but I don’t know how to view the folders within it on the dashboard.

(Perhaps my use of the term ‘root directory’ was inaccurate.)

The folder that was deleted disappeared after I selected another folder that was within it and selected the delete option. I didn’t intend to delete the main folder, only the one within it.

Any advice?

On the De-brick guide post, there is a link to Free data recovery software download
(free Windows version) which looks like it could be used if you removed a drive from the MBLD and connected via SATA to your PC. It can read the filesystems on the MBLD disks and also recover files. Might be worth a try.
They also have a R-Studio Network tool which supposedly can recover them over the network, but it looks like it would set you back about $180.