Sync issues, local files are missing

Hi,
I have a mycloud home duo with a few folders sync’ed for saving some files and have access to them from anywhere (read-only when I’m not using the computer with the sync folders - a.k.a logging-in through my phone to check something and that’s all).
It worked pretty well for a time, I could work on my local files and get them synced onto the mycloud without any problems.

I now have an issue, some files are disappearing from the local computer but are still onto the mycloud. This is the second time this happened, I just desynced the folder to prevent any deletion onto the mycloud (even tho I still have a backup from last week).

Any idea what may be the cause ? The problem happened since I got a really ■■■■■■ internet connection that randomly drops, but It should not affect any local files since the sync is local → remote only.

Hello, If you haven’t already, please open a support case with us

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

After exploring my file system, I see that the missing files are actually there, but hidden under the name:

.syncthing.FILENAME.tmp

where FILENAME was the name of the original file.

It seems that WD Sync is going through the sync process, touching and renaming the files, and at some point it stalls and the tmp files are not restored into the original ones.

If this problem is not fixed, then WD Sync is useless, and I the product will not deliver what it promises. I hope that the WD staff provides a solution.

By the way, all this happens WITHOUT any modification of the files that are being synced. This has the big downside that a normal backup process to a local USB disk (other than the My Cloud Home one) now backs up ALL the files in the synced filesystem, as all of them are modified!!!

FIX HAS BEEN RELEASED: