Me WD does not see the Synology shared disk

Hi everyone.

I´ve been a user of the WD TV Live since almost two years. During this time a use it with 2 USB disk plugged in. I download me media to me Mac and i trasfer it via wifi to me two disk. It work great!!

This christmas i´ve buy a Synology 212j soo i can have me Mac turned off at night. I connect me two USB disk directly to the synology Diskstation and I play the movies with the shared forlder. 

Today I´ve been me messing up a little bit with me roter but at the end of the day I let the configuration has it was a the first place. 

Now I CAN’T see the shared folders in the DiskStation. From the Mac I CAN see the WD TV live folders and the DiskStation Foldes, but they can see each others.

Me Setup is:

Workgroup: WORKGROUP

• WD TV:

IP address: 192.168.0.254

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

• DiskStation:

IP address: 192.168.0.9

SUbnet mask: 255.255.0.0 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Thanks!

Unless it is a typo the third octet of the Diskstation submask isn’t correct.  Change it to match. ie. 255.255.255.0

Yes sorry about that. It was a typo.

OK. Are you using NFS share on the DiskStation? If so recheck NFS permissions in Synology DSM manager to make sure the ip of the WD is authorized.  If your WD gets it’s ip by DHCP then perhaps it has changed. If so recommend you manually set WD ip for a static ip.

Both DiskStation’s & WD’s IP are Static. I’ve enable NFS Service and doesn’t work.

Maybe I have to make something in the rooter’s setup?

Any port that must be open?

Were you connecting to the DiskStation by NFS or CIFS (windows/samba) prior to my previous post or did you just now enable NFS.  Did you also check/set the privleges for the relevant folder(s) in the DSM control panel “Shared Foders” for NFS (and CIFS if needed)?

Braumeister wrote:

Were you connecting to the DiskStation by NFS or CIFS (windows/samba) prior to my previous post or did you just now enable NFS.  Did you also check/set the privleges for the relevant folder(s) in the DSM control panel “Shared Foders” for NFS (and CIFS if needed)?

UUUOOOUUU!!!

I check NFS when i read your reply only to try it out.

Sorry but I´m kind of lost on this. :smiley:

When I bought the DiskStation I connect it and it works perfectly.

I’m thinking in restoring both devices to the factory setting and try again.

OK so you were connecting by CIFS.  You should verify that both devices have the same WORKGROUP and that the proper permissions for whatever username you are using for the WD to connect are set.  Also try clearing the user logon info in the WD and re-enter anew.

First off all. THANK YOU for your patient.

The workgroup is set to workgroup in both devices. The WD doesn’t see the DiskStation soo I can enter the usernamee and the password again. Anyway I’ve reset the WD to the factory settings soo in teory all the usernames and password are gone.

Have you rebooted the DiskStation since you stopped making changes to the network (router mentioned in first post)?

Braumeister wrote:

Have you rebooted the DiskStation since you stopped making changes to the network (router mentioned in first post)?

I hace reboot everything. But last night I decided to restore all to the factory settings. Today Everything looks fine. Soo, thanks again for your patient and all of your ideas to solve this problem.

At the end it looks like it wasn’t a machine’s problem but something I configured wrong.

Thanks again!!!