MCH strange behaviour while trying to sync

Hi;
I have been trying to backup (sync) my wd passport 5gb to my wd mch via a software called freefileSync. I used to sync with the same method in the past without any problems but it is not working now for the last 2 weeks.And I have no idea what the problem is…
I have tried maybe 15 times in a day within this 2 weeks period and on each try after a very short time the sync process has started (like 2-5 minutes) the process freezes and then I can’t even connect to my computer to see my drives c or d or f…
I need to restart my computer and log in to my cloud account in order to connect to mch.

This was never a problem before and I don’t think that it’s sth related with the freefileSync software that Im using because before the sync process starts first it compares the files (to show which files would be updated or deleted) and this process takes several minutes and the thing is it never freezes during this process but only after sync starts…

I can’t manage to sync, I have no idea why it freezes all the time…
When I don’t use the sync and just connect to mch to view my docs, it works…
Any recommendations?

Freefilesync (shown running two jobs separately below to two spaces) is always slow syncing to the ‘private user space’ compared to the ‘Public share’ SMB space, especially when the files are relatively small but present in hundreds or thousands of copies as in pictures or audio or document files. You can improve sync by using the ‘Public’ space when possible and/or use a different sync program such as Dsynchronize (also free). The fastest method is to store small fragmented files in a zip container that has low o no compression and that can be done by following the link below using Teracopy (also free).