Make my WD product wireless...pleeeeeeeeeeease :(

Hello fellow WD refugees. I purchased a WD TV HD Media player (WDBABF0000NBK-NESN). Firmware Release 1.01.77 (12/3/09). I was told and read that all I needed to do was get a wireless usb dongle and it would be able to connect to my home network. I purchased a Airlink Wireless N 150 which works on my laptop, PC however not on the media player. The airlink was on the list of compatible devices. What they Hey!!! Can anyone with any patience for a newbie please help me.

WDisannoying wrote:

Hello fellow WD refugees. I purchased a WD TV HD Media player (WDBABF0000NBK-NESN). Firmware Release 1.01.77 (12/3/09). I was told and read that all I needed to do was get a wireless usb dongle and it would be able to connect to my home network. I purchased a Airlink Wireless N 150 which works on my laptop, PC however not on the media player. The airlink was on the list of compatible devices. What they Hey!!! Can anyone with any patience for a newbie please help me.

You’re in the wrong forum.   This forum is for the WDTV Live and Live+.    You have an older WDTV HD Gen2.

Whoever told you that you could add a USB dongle was misinformed, and whatever you read was wrong.  The WDTV HD does not have *ANY* network options.  Only the WDTV Live product line has that capability.