Lost data on my RAID 6TR Need software

I bought a G-drive Raid 2x6 TR and have a G-technology 4TR Thunderbolt 3 When I wanted to delete the 4TR I deleted the RAID. And there was all my data on it :frowning: What is the best software program to get my data back? plccc

Hmm not so simple, but I can recommend this company
 worth talking to, free evaluations

1 Like

Try to re-create that RAID, I hope it is RAID 1. Hope the data would come back.

Well if it had been RAID 1 
 just connect one drive and you should be able to copy the data off, but I suspect it wasn’t
 and assuming they mean they ‘deleted the RAID’ 
but I think they mane they deleted the entire drive

101 / 5000

Vertaalresultaten

I am afraid if this is not the correct action that I will no longer be able to perform a recovery

I also live in Belgium and here it is difficult to find someone with knowledge on Thunderbolt

Well Ontrack Data Recovery have a Belgiuque telephone
 and also do free evaluations
 and maybe able to provide further advice

That link takes you thru to the Belgium number

Open G-Raid Software utility, click on “Logical drive” and then “Next”
When create new Logical Drive, uncheck “Format” and then “Add” then “Submit”
This only work if you haven’t remove/swap any disk. Once the volume mount on your Mac desktop, your old data should still be there.

If your haven’t remove/swap any disk and also deleted the Disk Array. You can create a new Disk Array then go to Logical Drive and create a new logical drive. REMEMBER to uncheck the box for FORMAT.

Do Not check the box for synchronize. Once volume is mount on your Desktop, copy your data to somewhere
etc external hard drive

Good Luck on recover your data.

1 Like

Just an update, After a long search and a lot of stress, I finally got to chat with someone from G-tegnology and I had 2 options. 1) Go to a recognized recovery company. 2) first try it yourself with software from a third party company. i got this link from the tech: Third Party Data Recovery Software Options for Windows and macOS. I finally ended up on this site https://www.easeus.com. I ran this program and after 14 hours I saw my files reappear. But to the weird point I suddenly see that there is more on it than it was written on. There are also files that are not mine and this for a new disk ?? I’m going to report this to the seller and see what they have to say. but now first recover all my files and then I will see what is on it that is not mine. We would like to give everyone a chance to think along and look for a solution. Happy parties for everyone and a healthy 2021. Danny

You will see files that is not yours. Most company would have to run burn-test on their product before it goes out of production line. If you run the recovery on Apple/HP/Dell
etc product you would see those too. Unless they run a full zero out the disks. Which would take days

Dannydc good to read you managed to recover the files thru software
 going forward
 just remember if you’re important data doesn’t exist in 3 places 
 then it doesn’t exist

I’m sorry to hear about your data loss. To recover data from a RAID that has been accidentally deleted, you can use specialized data recovery software. However, it’s important to act quickly and take precautions to prevent overwriting the data on the RAID.

Here are some steps to follow:

1. Stop Using the RAID: Do not write any new data to the RAID, as this could overwrite the deleted data.
  2. Disconnect the RAID: If it’s possible to do so, disconnect the RAID from your computer to ensure it’s not being accessed.
  3. Choose a Data Recovery Tool: There are several data recovery tools available, and some of the popular ones include:
    * Stellar Data Recovery
  • EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
  • Disk Drill
  • R-Studio
  • Recuva
  1. Install and Run the Chosen Software: Download and install your chosen data recovery software on a separate drive or computer, not the one from which you deleted the data.
  2. Scan the RAID: Connect the RAID to the computer running the data recovery software and run a scan to locate the deleted files. Make sure to select the correct RAID volume if there are multiple options.
  3. Preview and Recover: Once the scan is complete, you should be able to preview the recoverable files. Select the files you want to recover and save them to a different location to avoid overwriting.

Please keep in mind that the success of data recovery depends on various factors, including how much time has passed since the data was deleted, the amount of data that has been written to the RAID since the deletion, and the condition of the RAID itself.

If you are uncomfortable with performing the recovery yourself, you may want to consider contacting a professional data recovery service. They have the expertise and tools to handle more complex data recovery scenarios.

Also, remember to regularly back up your data in the future to prevent such data loss incidents.