Looking for a backup solution for my MBL

Hi, 

I’ve been having trouble getting safepoint to work for about a year now. I’ve got a 1TB MBL (I use a Mac) and I like to back the whole thing up to a portable 1TB drive that I keep at work.

I’m just wondering if there is an eligent solution for backing the MBL up via Mac?

I’ve tried using Chronosync - this is good for most things but doesn’t handle network drives very well at all. I’ve also tried using FileZilla via FTP…this is ok, but i’m not too confident in its ability to sync (I might be wrong about this).

Any other recomended solutions?

can think of  few, but not a simple one at all. MBL is Linux OS, so you can use “rsync”. However, it would imply you need to setup the USB drive and the machine it is attach to as a server to allow connections. And if you do this over the internet, have to setup the routers, port forwarding, DDNS, etc. Now, over the internet, use only SSH or IPSEC/VPN if security is a concern. As you can see, you have to be an advance Tech for it.

The easiest one: You said your MBL is a “backup”. So I assume you are backing up files from you Mac, where the files exist as well. Why not have 3 copies then? At home, you backup and sync to MBL, when at work, to the USB drive.

There is plenty of free sync softare out there, you could set two jobs, one for each location.

By the way, Macs also have the rsync command.