Trying to back up my MBL

I have a 2TB USB HDD that I want to use to store a backup of my 2TB MBL. I tried using the backup option in the Dashboard, but the estimated time to do the backup was about 2 days! The USB drive was plugged into the PC running Win XP and the PC and MBL are both connected to a gigabit router.

I figured I would try to backup and hope that when I want to do backups in the future the software is smart enough to just update what has changed. But seemingly windows is not robust enough for this so the connection dropped out momentarily some point overnight, and the backup software couldn’t recover.

I was wondering if people here could help  me find the best way to back up my MBL. I don’t want to do a straight copy since it will be a nightmare to backup only what has changed (and I don’t want to have to do a full backup every time).

Thanks

Are you using a Safepoint to do this?   Or are you using some software on your PC to do it?

Yes Safepoint, accesed through the dashboard.

But seemingly windows is not robust enough for this so the connection dropped out momentarily some point overnight, and the backup software couldn’t recover.

If you’re using Safepoint, then Windows has nothing to do with it.

After the initial run, Safepoints only transfer changed files, not the whole set again.

Windows does have something to do with it. The USB drive is plugged into a pc running windows. The pc is plugged into the router. Windows controls the communication of data between the router, the pc and the USB drive. Every time I try to create a safepoint the connection drops out seemingly for a moment at some point (not surpising since the time estimate is over two days, the longest it has lasted is about 30 hours) and apparantly safepoint can’t recover from such an interruption so the backup fails.

At least that is my interpretation. Maybe I’m wrong. But either way that still doesn’t help me back up my MBL. Does anyone here have any suggestions I can try?